Celebrating The Achievements Of Outstanding Women Since 1982!
For 38 years, YWCA Spokane has honored women who are a force for positive change in our community. Established with the goal of increasing community awareness about intimate partner domestic violence, and appreciation for the diverse contributions of women leaders in Spokane, this awards celebration has honored more than 255 women in the region.
Please make sure to submit your nominations by the newly extended deadline of August 5th, 2020. Submissions may be received through one of three ways: 1) through our online form, 2) through a downloadable, fillable PDF form, or 3) by mail. Please select one of the 3 submissions options below and follow the instructions provided. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call 509-789-9305. Thank you!
Women of Achievement Award Categories
The Woman of Achievement awards is an annual opportunity for YWCA Spokane to honor and celebrate the outstanding contributions of women in our community who demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community.
Through the below categories, selected honorees embody the mission of YWCA Spokane by giving generously of themselves to make Spokane a better place for all of its citizens to live.
- Arts and Culture: This award recognizes an outstanding woman that fosters arts or culture in significant ways as an artist, volunteer, leader, educator, or patron of meaningful cultural and/or artistic endeavors within the community. She has exhibited long term support for arts and culture, has had a significant impact on the region’s arts/cultural landscape through personal expression, innovation, preservation, or education, and/or demonstrated a successful collaboration between arts and cultural organizations and business.
- Business and Industry: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is acknowledged in business or industry for her exemplary leadership. She is committed to excellence, creates and inspires a positive work environment and influences and motivates positive change in her business, industry, trade or workplace.
- Carl Maxey Racial and Social Justice: This award recognizes an outstanding woman with a record of exemplary leadership and service in the areas of eliminating racism and promoting diversity through community service, racial reconciliation and/or social justice outreach within the community, workplace, institutions or agencies. She demonstrates efforts to provide service to underrepresented persons or communities, bridge the gaps that often exist between differing groups, and/or ensure the fair treatment of oppressed, abused, or underprivileged groups or individuals. The nominee seeks opportunities to attain a common vision for peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all people.
- Community Enhancement: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who inspires, mentors advocates and acts on behalf of others through community programs, organizations, or through philanthropic endeavors. She has shown her dedication by creating, participating in or adapting programs to meet community needs in the areas of social services, community improvement, and human rights.
- Education: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is a public or private educator, trainer, or administrator who inspires a passion for excellence and innovation for personal growth, development and lifelong learning through the education system, employee training and development, community education or alternative programs. She has developed innovative programs and/or built a strong rapport with learners, parents, colleagues or the community at large to foster learning in a broader sense.
- Government and Public Service: This award recognizes the contributions of an outstanding women in or with a governmental or public service related field. Dedicated to protecting, improving, and maintaining the public’s well-being, health, and safety – now and into the future – this honoree models a history of exemplary accomplishments in support of and in service to our community.
- Science, Technology, and Environment: This award recognizes contributions of an outstanding woman in a science-related field including pure and applied sciences, engineering and life sciences, healthcare, technology, agriculture or the environment. She is dedicated to technological, scientific, or health advancement through either research or application, or to the preservation, protection, or improvement of the environment.
- Young Woman: This award recognizes an outstanding young woman that is making an impact early in her career to better our community. The award is focused on women out of high school, but under 35 that have shown dedication by creating, participating or adapting programs to meet community needs, and she embodies the mission of the YWCA.
Congratulations To Previous Award Honorees
2020 Women of Achievement Awards
YWCA Spokane’s 38th annual awards celebration will be held Friday, October 2nd, 2020. Additional information about this year’s celebration will be available at ywcaspokane.org/woa2020. If you have not already done so, please consider signing up for our email updates, and follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
We will need many volunteers to assist with our largest event of the year. Let us know if you would like to volunteer and we will reach out to you as we get closer to the event. If you have any questions please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Donate In Honor of A Woman of Achievement
If you would like to make a donation in honor of our 38th awards celebration and help YWCA Spokane reach our annual fundraising goal, please consider donating below. Thank you so much for helping ensure our doors are open to every woman and child who needs our help!
Thank you to our Deeply Valued Sponsors!
This awards celebration would not be possible without their incredible support.
If you would like more information about becoming a sponsor of YWCA Spokane’s Women of Achievement awards, please contact Dana Morris Lee at 509-742-0111 or email email@example.com. Thank you!
MISSION PARTNER SPONSOR
Video Production Sponsor
CORPORATE & IN-KIND SPONSORS
JOHNSON’S CUSTOM JEWELERS
LAWTON PRINTING SERVICES