YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, standing up for social justice, helping families, strengthening communities, and promoting peace, justice, dignity, and freedom for all. We empower women, families, and communities through a combination of prevention, education, outreach, and response work.
What Your Gift Can Do
- $100 provides one week of food and nourishment for a survivor and child in our emergency shelter. ($9 a month.)
- $500 provides a survivor fleeing a violent relationship with 10 days of a hotel stay when our shelters have reached maximum capacity or when a survivor identifies as male. ($42 a month.)
- $1,000 to provide beds, blankets, linens, and household essentials for a survivor and her children when they move out of our shelter into their new home and away from their abuser. ($84 a month.)
- $5,000 to provide one year of safe housing and supportive services for a survivor and child including counseling, legal support, job readiness, and emergency childcare. ($417 a month.)
Other ways to GivE
Give Stocks, Real Estate, or Personal Property
- Giving appreciated assets (like stocks, real estate, or personal property) has advantages for both you and YWCA Spokane. You may be able to avoid capital gains taxes, reduce your estate taxes, or even take a charitable deduction for the entirety of the donation amount.
Make a Tax Free Gift from your IRA
- If you’re 70.5 or older, you can avoid taxes on required minimum distributions from your IRA by choosing to make a tax-free qualified charitable distribution (QCD) once a year.
Make An Easy Impact When Shopping
- If you shop at Fred Meyer, consider making YWCA Spokane your nonprofit of choice through their community rewards program.
- Shop Amazon Smile to make an impact while buying birthday presents, holiday gifts, or household needs. You shop, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to YWCA Spokane. Shop through this link, and make a difference in a woman or child’s life.
Leave A Legacy
Bequests from a will or trust are the most common way to leave a gift to YWCA Spokane. Some people set aside a certain dollar amount. Others leave a percentage of the estate or assets left over after providing for their family. Others have made YWCA Spokane the beneficiary of 401K/IRA plans or insurance policies, or have established a Charitable Gift Annuity or a Charitable Remainder Trust to the Association. There are many ways for anyone to leave a transformational gift to YWCA Spokane, and we can help guide you through the process.
YWCA Spokane Philanthropy Office
Office: 509-789-9305 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
930 N. Monroe St. | Spokane, WA 99201
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.