donate & Make a Difference
You are about to make an incredible difference in the lives of the women, children, and families we serve at YWCA Spokane. Thank you for your cherished support!
What Your Gift Can Do
- $100 provides one week of food and nourishment for a survivor and child in our emergency shelter. ($9 a month.)
- $500 provides a survivor fleeing a violent relationship with 10 days of a hotel stay when our shelters have reached maximum capacity or when a survivor identifies as male. ($42 a month.)
- $1,000 provides beds, blankets, linens, and household essentials for a survivor and her children when they move out of our shelter and into their new home and away from their abuser. ($84 a month.)
- $5,000 provides one year of safe housing and supportive services for a survivor and child including counseling, legal support, job readiness, and emergency childcare. ($417 a month.)
THE CARES ACT
This law included several charitable tax provisions to encourage giving that have been extended through 2021!
- If you do not itemize your taxes but make a gift to charity, you will be allowed to take a special tax deduction, up to $300 for an individual or up to $600 for a couple filing jointly, to reduce your tax liability.
- An increase in the deduction limit up to 100% of a donor’s annual income for cash gifts (previously the deduction was capped at 60% of annual income). If you make a gift you will be able to deduct more this year.
Make An Easy Impact When Shopping
- If you shop at Fred Meyer, consider making YWCA Spokane your nonprofit of choice through their community rewards program.
- Shop Amazon Smile to make an impact while buying birthday presents, holiday gifts, or household needs. You shop, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to YWCA Spokane. Shop through this link, and make a difference in a woman or child’s life.