Shelter for Domestic Violence Survivors
If at any time you feel it is unsafe to be visiting this website, you can click on the Escape Button located in the upper right corner of the site. Please use your computer with caution if you are in a dangerous situation. Learn more about computer monitoring.
How to Access Shelter Services
Call 509-326-CALL (2255), the YWCA Spokane 24hr Domestic Violence Helpline, for an assessment.
The Safe Shelter manages the helpline and it is staffed 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Counselors assist over 3,000 individuals who call with safety planning, counseling, referrals for other services and general information about domestic violence each year.
Confidential Shelter for Domestic Violence Survivors
Our goal is to ensure the safety of survivors who are fleeing violence from an intimate partner by providing safe shelter, counseling, case management, education, and basic necessities like food, clothing, personal care items, and transportation.
You and your children may need a temporary safe place away from your partner’s emotional abuse or violence. For many survivors, the shelter is a place to rest, sort out feelings, decide what is next, and get information and support to make changes.
We have a confidential safe shelter within the Spokane city limits as well as in the Spokane Valley.
- 300 women and children receive safe shelter each year from domestic violence through our housing services, totaling nearly 8000 nights of safety and rest.
- While our shelter does not serve men, we can often provide other safe sheltering options available for male survivors of intimate partner violence, so please, reach out to us.
- The shelter is a large home-like residence with women and children living cooperatively and sharing in the household tasks.
- Advocates are available to help with safety planning, practical and emotional support, education around domestic violence and healthy relationships, and referral to community resources.
What You Can Expect:
- 24-hour access to advocacy and support
- A confidential location with security measures
- Basic food and necessities
- Emergency clothing and toiletries
- Laundry facilities on site
- Support from other women with similar experiences
- Computer station with internet and WiFi capabilities
- A safe place for pets
- LGBTQ+ welcoming staff
- Culturally competent support
- Connection to YWCA job readiness services and professional clothing
Curious about additional services at YWCA Spokane? Check out our regularly updated list of services available here.