YWCA Spokane values and respects the voices of our youth and is looking for teens who are interested in helping to shape how our community talks about dating abuse and healthy teen relationships through the efforts of our Teen Council.
Meet up Schedule – Join us
The Teen Council meets every other Tuesday from 3:30-5:00pm at YWCA Spokane, 930 N Monroe, (with the exception of school breaks). Snacks, drink, and prizes are provided at every meeting.
Dates before summer break:
- April 11th
- April 25th
- May 9th
- May 23rd
- June 6th
About YWCA Spokane’s Teen Council
The Teen Council’s mission is to promote healthy relationships, to shift the culture around violence and to empower youth to become change leaders in their community through education, advocacy, and activism around teen dating violence. YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, standing up for social justice, helping families, strengthening communities, and promoting peace, justice, dignity, and freedom for all.
Supported by YWCA Prevention Coordinator, Lizbeth Reyes, this FREE, diverse, youth-led group will help make the community a safer, healthier place for young people in Spokane.
Any teen 13-18 years old from the Spokane County area who is interested in any of the following are encourage to attend.
- Leadership development & activism
- Social justice efforts
- Shaping how we talk about relationships in our community
- The prevention of violence in our community
- Creating healthier futures for all
- Impacts of an abusive relationship
- How to help friends in abusive relationships
Youth will have the following opportunities to amplify their voices;
- Speak to the power of healthy teen relationships;
- Promote healthy teen relationships;
- Help us plan and host events for Teen Dating Violence Action Month;
- Learn about teen dating violence issues & policies;
- Use media and the arts to advocate for change;
- Partner with adults, youth, and organizations to promote healthy relationships
- Help organize and engage in community events & activities
- Plan activities for Teen Dating Violence Action Month
Sign Up To Join Us
If you are interested in joining the Teen Council please sign up below. If you have any questions, concerns or needs for accommodation please contact our Prevention Coordinator, Lizbeth Reyes by call or text at 509-370-9024 or email email@example.com.