Women to Work
A Job Readiness Employment Program
The Women to Work program is for women in Spokane who are actively looking for employment. With the support from BFET (Basic-Food, Employment and Training) funds, the Women to Work program can help remove or reduce barriers to employment, in-turn creating a more open pathway to securing and retaining employment.
Who Is The Program For
This program is supported by BFET funds which assists individuals who are experiencing barriers to employment and who are not currently receiving TANF services. Barriers might include homelessness, domestic violence, mental and physical disabilities, poverty, lack of childcare, and transportation issues.
How to Qualify
In addition to actively looking for work, qualifying participants must be receiving DSHS (Department of Social and Health Services) food benefits or EBT Card funds, and are not currently receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
Call 789-9299 with any questions or to schedule an appointment to see if you qualify.
Participants will receive full access to our computer lab, networking opportunities, skill-building classes, and one-on-one support from area professionals, staff and volunteers who can assist with creating a resume, cover letter and systems to successfully seek employment.
- Resources to overcome barriers to employment, such as transportation & childcare.
- A professional job portfolio including a targeted resume, cover letter, references, & application.
- Access to our staffed computer lab to build your computer skills, attend workshops & apply for jobs.
- An ability to identify & communicate strengths.
- Motivation from our weekly Action Group.
- A boost in confidence for employment success.
- Opportunities to network with employers.
- Professional interview and work clothing.
- Help preparing for the interview.
- Financial Coach support.
How to Enroll
Call the Program Manager at 789-9299 or email email@example.com to learn more about this program or to sign up for our next orientation.