TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA FOR SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
YWCA Spokane now offers a free, safe, and confidential yoga class for survivors of intimate partner domestic abuse. This yoga exercise is at the beginner level, and is welcome to all body types and ability levels. The class aims to help heal survivors through connection and movement with the body.
“[Yoga has] changed my life. I was suffering from a lot of physical ailments. I couldn’t move right, there was a hump on my back, I couldn’t sit up straight, there was a lot of chronic issues. I’ve been in yoga for almost a year now and I can sit up straight, I’m getting my strength back, my balance back both physically and emotionally, and getting to a place where I can connect with my body.” – YWCA Spokane Gentle Yoga Participant
- Time: 1:15-2:15
- Date: Each Wednesday and Friday
- Where: YWCA Spokane’s Comstock Room, 930 N Monroe St
- Who: Women survivors of intimate partner violence. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Instructor: Rinzen, trauma-sensitive yoga facilitator
- Note: yoga mats and childcare are provided. After each session, time is held to share reflections for those interested.
- For all questions, please contact Teresa at email@example.com or call 509-789-9280.