Women’s Opportunity Center
Rest. Recover. Rebuild.
YWCA Spokane understands that time to heal and grow in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment can be key in accomplishing goals. In YWCA Spokane’s Women’s Opportunity Center, we offer holistic, restorative services for trauma survivors. Groups, classes, and learning opportunities are aimed at supporting healing and wellness while building a supportive community, at no cost to participants.
Calendar of Services
Each month, we provide an array of free holistic services.
Information About Our Holistic Services:
- Circle of Security Parenting: The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is an 8-10 week program based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. Learn more.
- Expressive Art & Community Connection Group: Here, we use visual art as an outlet for relaxation, refection & self-care. Come get creative in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Bring your own ideas or make use of monthly, guided art prompts. All art supplies provided.
- Gentle Yoga: A trauma sensitive, gentle yoga practice that emphasizes personal agency and choice. This practice is a down to earth approach which builds skills for managing stress and increasing mind-body connection. Accessible for all bodies. Tuesday classes will include chair yoga.
- Healthy Relationship Skills Group: This group is focused on developing the knowledge necessary to nurture healthy relationships. Topics explored may include emotional intelligence, boundary setting, and how to navigate conflict. Participants will leave with new ideas to support them in their relationships and build a deeper sense of personal agency. For continued practice putting ideas learned in this group to work, participants can also join our Stress Management Practice as a companion to this group.
- Stress Management Practice: Come cultivate skills to navigate the day-to-day stressors of life! Improve self-regulation through mindfulness, movement, and guided reflection. We focus on improving self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and decision making. Build resilience, learn to navigate stress, and develop a healthy relationship with our emotions.
Economic Empowerment & Job Readiness
Through this Center we also offer services that help you look for and secure work. These free services include one-on-one support through mentorship, a computer lab, and financial classes, and access to Our Sister’s Closet, a donation-based clothing and necessity boutique for anyone who identifies as a woman.
- Job Readiness Services: Mentorship and workshop services aimed at developing the financial stability and economic growth necessary to live fulfilling lives are available to anyone who identifies as a woman. Opportunities include mentorship services and financial workshops. Learn more.
- Computer Lab: Computer lab available for any client currently participating in a program provided by YWCA Spokane. Computer lab hours are 9am-4pm Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and 10:30am-4pm on Wednesdays for walk-ins, and staff support is limited during these hours. If extra technology support is needed, please call 509-326-1190 to schedule an appointment.
- Our Sister’s Closet: A free, donation-based boutique for anyone that needs this service. This boutique provides clients with a personal shopping experience where you can shop the store for clothing, accessories, and necessities that will help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Learn more.
If you are not sure if any of the above programs are right for you, please call our front desk at 509-326-1190 and a friendly staff member will answer your questions.
Curious about additional services at YWCA Spokane? Check out our regularly updated list of services available here.