Heal and Grow
~ YWCA Services During COVID-19 ~
In addition to our safe shelter and hotline services for survivors of domestic violence, many of YWCA Spokane’s services are available to the community via phone, email, video, and through in-person services.
During the phased reopening, we will continue to provide services in every way possible. In accordance with the Spokane Regional Health District’s guidelines, measures have been implemented for the safety of our staff and clients. To learn more about how to access critical services during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our regularly updated list of services available here. Thank you!
YWCA Women’s Opportunity Center
YWCA Spokane understands that time to heal and grow in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment can be key in accomplishing goals. Whether experiencing domestic violence, job loss, homelessness, or any other barrier preventing someone from moving forward, YWCA Spokane is here to provide support in the following ways:
- Advocacy Support (Offered Via Phone & Online): We provide survivors who have been victims of intimate partner domestic violence and children who have experienced trauma with advocacy-based support through a very difficult time in their life. Learn more.
- Mental Health Therapy Services (Offered Through Telehealth): This program provides survivors of domestic violence and their children access to trauma-informed, holistic, mental health therapy services including evidence-based behavior therapy, mindfulness, and EMDR for post-traumatic stress. Learn more.
- Essentials (Suspended During COVID-19): This 12-week intensive program provides survivors with a safe cohort atmosphere that is designed to prepare participants to be successful with educational goals, seeking work, and sustaining employment. Learn more.
- Women to Work Program (Supported Via Phone & Online): This program provides a safe, friendly atmosphere for survivors to develop their technical skills, network with employers, receive one-on-one guidance, and develop their resume and job portfolio. Learn more.
- Circle of Security Parenting(Suspended During COVID-19): A free, 10-week parenting group for mothers provided at our facility by registered COS facilitators; this program aims to support parents in developing healthy and secure attachments with their children. Learn more.
- Expressive Arts Group (Suspended During COVID-19): A free, art group for survivors of intimate partner violence that uses creative, self-expression as a tool to enhance healing and self-care. This group meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, from 10:00 am-noon. No experience necessary. Learn more.
- Gentle Yoga (Suspended During COVID-19): A free, trauma-informed yoga class for survivors of intimate partner violence. Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday, 1:15-2:15. All body types and ability levels welcome. Learn more.
If you are not sure if one of the above programs is right for you, please call our front desk at 509-326-1190 and a friendly staff member will be here to answer your questions.
“It’s just been one amazing service after another. It’s all worked together to bring about this harmony in my life. Between the counseling, Essentials, BFET, computer lab, all of it together has made a huge difference for me personally. It has so radically helped me. It’s important women, and men too, have a safe space to come, heal, and reclaim life.”- YWCA Spokane Client