Women’s Opportunity Center
Rest. Recover. Rebuild.
YWCA Spokane understands that time to heal and grow in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment can be key in accomplishing goals. In YWCA Spokane’s Women’s Opportunity Center, we offer holistic, restorative services for trauma survivors. Groups, classes, and learning opportunities are aimed at supporting healing and wellness while building a supportive community, at no cost to participants.
Calendar of Services
Each month, we provide an array of free holistic services.
Information About Our Holistic Services:
- Social Emotional Learning: Come cultivate skills to navigate the day-to-day stressors of life! This class offers the opportunity to improve self-regulation through the use of mindfulness practices, movement & guided reflection. Together we focus on improving self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and decision making. Join us in building resilience, learning to navigate stress and develop a healthy relationship with ourselves and our emotions.
- Yoga for Reclaiming the Body: A trauma sensitive yoga practice that emphasizes personal agency and choice. This practice is a down to earth approach which builds skills for managing stress and increasing mind-body connection. Accessible for all bodies. Our Tuesday Class will include chair yoga.
- Healthy Relationship Skills Group: This group is aimed at developing the knowledge necessary to nurture healthy relationships. Topics explored may include emotional intelligence, boundary setting & how to navigate conflict. Participants will leave with new ideas to support them in their relationships and build a deeper sense of personal agency. For continued practice putting ideas learned in this group to work, participants can also join our Social- Emotional Learning Practice as a companion to this group.
- Expressive Arts Group: Here, we use visual art as an outlet for relaxation, refection & self-care. Come get creative in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Bring your own ideas or make use of monthly, guided art prompts. All art supplies provided.
- Circle of Security Parenting: The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is and 8-10 week program based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. Learn more.
- Nature Walks: Our nature walking groups offer the opportunity to engage with the restorative benefits of the forest through guided walks in nature. Transportation to each site is available. To learn more and register, please call or text Teresa at 509-724-6337.
- STORY Group: Your story matters! This group offers safe space to share and reflect on our experiences with the supportive guidance of YWCA Staff. Art journaling kits will be provided to all participants in this group. The option to publish a digital copy of STORY Journals will be made available for those interested. To register please call or text 509-724-6337.
Economic Empowerment & Job Readiness
Through this Center we also offer services that help you look for and secure work. These free services include one-on-one support through mentorship, a computer lab, and financial classes, and access to Our Sister’s Closet, a donation-based clothing and necessity boutique for anyone who identifies as a woman.
- Job Readiness Services: Mentorship and workshop services aimed at developing the financial stability and economic growth necessary to live fulfilling lives are available to anyone who identifies as a woman. Opportunities include mentorship services and financial workshops. Learn more.
- Computer Lab: Computer lab available for any client currently participating in a program provided by YWCA Spokane. Computer lab hours are Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm for walk-ins, and staff support is limited during these hours. If extra technology support is needed, please call 509-326-1190 to schedule an appointment.
- Our Sister’s Closet: A free, donation-based boutique for anyone who identifies as a woman. This free services provides clients with a personal shopping experience where you can shop the store for clothing, accessories, and necessities that will help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Learn more.
If you are not sure if one of the above programs is right for you, please call our front desk at 509-326-1190 and a friendly staff member will be here to answer your questions.
Curious about additional services at YWCA Spokane? Check out our regularly updated list of services available here.