Women’s Opportunity Center
Rest. Recover. Rebuild.
YWCA Spokane understands that time to heal and grow in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment can be key in accomplishing goals. In YWCA Spokane’s Women’s Opportunity Center, we offer holistic, restorative services for trauma survivors. Groups, classes, and learning opportunities are aimed at supporting healing and wellness while building a supportive community, at no cost to participants.
Calendar of Services
Each month, we provide an array of free holistic services.
Information About Our Holistic Services:
- Social Emotional Learning Group (SEL): This class offers the opportunity to learn skills for self-regulation through the use of mindfulness practices, movement & guided reflection. Topics covered are self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and decision making. Here we will begin building resilience, gain skills for navigating stress and develop a healthy relationship with ourselves and our emotions.
- Yoga for Reclaiming the Body: A free, trauma sensitive yoga class that emphasizes personal agency and choice. This yoga practice is a down to earth approach which builds skills for managing stress and increasing mind-body connection. All body types and ability levels welcome.
- Essentials Life Skills: Life Skills classes offer an opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive community. Topics covered are designed to support those impacted by trauma in gaining self-awareness, confidence, and embracing a deeper sense of personal agency. These classes offer an opportunity to build community and gain skills for building fulfilling lives.
- Expressive Arts Group: Expressive Arts Group uses visual art as an outlet for relaxation, refection & self-care. Come get creative in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Bring your own ideas or make use of monthly, guided art prompts. All art supplies provided.
- Circle of Security Parenting: The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is and 8-10 week program based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. Learn more.
- Nature Walks: Our nature walking groups offer the opportunity to engage with the restorative
benefits of the forest through guided walks in nature. Transportation to each site is available. Registration is limited to 5 participants. To learn more and to register for this group please call or text Teresa at 509-724-6337.
- STORY Group: Your story matters! This group offers safe space to share and reflect on our stories with the supportive guidance of YWCA Staff. Art journaling kits will be provided to all participants in this group. The option to publish a digital copy of STORY Journals will be made available for those interested. To register please call 509-724-6337.
- Open Classroom, Quiet Places, & Community Spaces: This is an opportunity to access our classroom space, connect with supportive staff (when available) and to use our resources within the Women’s Opportunity Center to work on anything that is important to you right now. Gather to build connections with friends, drop by to simply relax in a quiet space, connect with staff for additional support or engage with our other resources. This is time and space for YOUR priorities.
Economic Empowerment & Job Readiness
Through this Center we also offer services that help you look for and secure work. These free services include one-on-one support through mentorship, a computer lab, and financial classes, and access to Our Sister’s Closet, a donation-based clothing and necessity boutique for anyone who identifies as a woman.
- Job Readiness Services: Mentorship and workshop services aimed at developing the financial stability and economic growth necessary to live fulfilling lives are available to anyone who identifies as a woman. Opportunities include mentorship services and financial workshops. Learn more.
- Computer Lab: Computer lab available for any client currently participating in a program provided by YWCA Spokane. Computer lab hours are Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm for walk-ins, and staff support is limited during these hours. If extra technology support is needed, please call 509-326-1190 to schedule an appointment.
- Our Sister’s Closet: A free, donation-based boutique for anyone who identifies as a woman. This free services provides clients with a personal shopping experience where you can shop the store for clothing, accessories, and necessities that will help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Learn more.
If you are not sure if one of the above programs is right for you, please call our front desk at 509-326-1190 and a friendly staff member will be here to answer your questions.
Curious about additional services at YWCA Spokane? Check out our regularly updated list of services available here.