Working Together To Eliminate Racism & Empower Women.
We are proud to launch YWCA Spokane’s new ONE MISSION campaign, a two month celebration of those who live out YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women. This campaign will honor our 2020 Women of Achievement award winners and invite the community to take YWCA’s Learn & Give challenge focused on inspiring change during Domestic Violence Action Month.
WILL YOU JOIN US?
- RSVP FOR THE FREE VIRTUAL CELEBRATION: Register for YWCA’s free Women of Achievement virtual event held Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 6:00pm.
- ENJOY A CULINARY TOUR (Deadline Sept 25th): Heavy hors devours and champagne from Northern Quest’s award-winning restaurants (including Masselow’s Steakhouse) are available to enjoy the night of the virtual event. Learn more.
- RAISE YOUR PADDLE: During the celebration on Oct 1 you will have a chance to raise your paddle virtually through our live paddle raise.
- LEARN & GIVE CHALLENGE: Register for our new Learn & Give challenge offered this October, which will be focused on raising critical awareness and funds through an inspiring challenge you can complete with friends. More info below.
- GIVE TODAY: Make a one-time or recurring gift online today or by mail at YWCA Spokane, Attn: One Mission, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201.
- WHAT IS YOUR WHY?: We are collecting reasons why the community supports YWCA. We will share the feedback during the virtual event. What is your why?
ABOUT YWCA’s ONE MISSION CAMPAIGN
At YWCA Spokane, we see our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women as one mission, not two.
We believe in a community where all women, children, and families have a safe place to live. A place where women have the opportunity to earn a livable wage and families can live free from violence, in peace, and with dignity. This vision is hollow if we ignore the compounded intersections of race, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity–and especially if we ignore the experiences of women of color, who have long been leaders in anti-racist and women’s rights movements.
Racial and gender equity are inextricably linked. Statistics show us that women of color experience disproportionate rates of poverty, violence, physiological aggression, and mortality, as shared by the Status Of Women In The States. This is unacceptable. We must work together to address systemic issues preventing safe and equitable access to peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Transformation is multilayered and takes place individually, through our relationships and collective cultures (e.g. neighborhood, organization), as well as at the level of structural society (public policies supported by private actions). That’s where our ONE MISSION campaign comes in. Below you will learn ways you can individually as well as collectively live out YWCA Spokane’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
Celebrate YWCA’s 2020 Women of Achievement Award Honorees While Helping To Raise Critical Funds For YWCA Spokane.
This September, YWCA Spokane will celebrate women in our community who are living out YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women through the prestigious Women of Achievement awards.
2020 Women of Achievement Award Honorees:
- Karli Ingersoll – Arts & Culture Award
- Latisha Hill – Business & Industry Award
- Nicole Jenkins-Rosenkrantz – Carl Maxey Racial and Social Justice Award
- Bonnie Bush – Community Enhancement Award
- Jan Swanson – Education Award
- Maria Cullooyah – Government & Public Service Award
- Debbie Brinker – Science, Technology, and Environment Award
- Gabby Dansereau – Young Woman of Achievement Award
Twice each week throughout September, we will share videos highlighting each of this year’s honorees. Once released, the video will be linked to the honoree’s name above. View the announcement of this year’s award honorees.
Join Us For The Free Virtual Celebration – Oct 1 @ 6pm
Help us honor amazing women who live out YWCA’s mission of empowering women and eliminating racism by joining us on Thursday, October 1st at 6:00pm for YWCA’s virtual Women of Achievement celebration. Secure meals to enjoy the night of the event and enjoy a fun virtual paddle raise during the event. Proceeds raised help further the mission of YWCA Spokane and will help us reach our critical fundraising goal of $275,000 for our ONE MISSION campaign.
Join YWCA’s Learn & Give Challenge During Domestic Violence Action Month
Throughout October, during nationally recognized Domestic Violence Action Month (DVAM), YWCA Spokane will invite the Spokane community to live out YWCA’s mission by taking our Learn & Give Challenge.
YWCA’s new Learn & Give Challenge offers you and your circle of friends, co-workers, and family a special way to join together and make real and lasting change in our community. During a time that can feel extremely isolating, this challenge can unite us together in an inspiring and rewarding way.
The Learn & Give Challenge will focus on facilitating our collective understanding of the complexities of domestic violence, its intersections with race and other social identities, and shed light on the devastating impact these issues have on our community. It will also empower supporters to help YWCA meet their financial goal for their ONE MISSION campaign through a fun, collaborative fundraising challenge that you can customize to make your own.
We encourage you to partner with other caring individuals who would enjoy moving through the Learn & Give Challenge with you as a team. Over the course of the month, you will receive bi-weekly emails that will take you deep into a topic related to domestic violence. In addition, you will identify a fundraising goal for your team to achieve this October and watch the thermometer grow as your team joins together with other teams to help YWCA raise critical funds in support of survivors of domestic violence.
Participants can adjust their goals, track their progress, and even win prizes! Join us and help spread awareness about domestic violence while also helping YWCA reach their goal of raising $275,000 by October 31st. We challenge you to grab a friend, or two, or three, or ten, and commit to YWCA’s Learn & Give Challenge this October.
THANK YOU TO OUR DEEPLY VALUED 2020 SPONSORS!
This awards celebration would not be possible without the incredible support of our 2020 sponsors. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities contact Dana Morris Lee, YWCA Spokane Chief Philanthropy Officer, at email@example.com or call 509-742-0111.
2020 Mission Partner
VIDEO PRODUCTION SPONSOR
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities contact Dana Morris Lee, YWCA Spokane Chief Philanthropy Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-742-0111.