Take a look at upcoming events and activities that you can engage in with YWCA Spokane. Click on an event or activity to learn more.
YWCA Spokane values and respects the voices of our youth and is looking for teens who are interested in helping to shape how our community talks about dating abuse and works to foster healthy teen relationships through the efforts of our Teen Council. Supported by YWCA Prevention Coordinator, Lizbeth Reyes, this FREE, diverse, youth-led group will help make the community a safer, healthier place for young people in Spokane.
The Teen Council meets every other Tuesday in 2023 from 3:30-5:00pm (with the exception of school breaks). Food, drink, and prizes provided at every meeting!
March with YWCA Spokane in this year’s Pride Parade, hosted by Spokane Pride. Family, friends, and dogs are also welcome!
We will share more details on where to meet as we get closer to the parade date.
Please feel free to text or call (509) 378-5804 if you have any questions or would like to meet up with our team in the parade line up.
The parade will last approximately 1 hour, followed by the Pride festival, full of activities and events. We hope you also stop by our YWCA Spokane booth and say hi any time before 6pm.
- Do not engage with protesters throughout any part in the parade route. You will be removed from the Spokane Pride Parade & Festival if you are seen doing so.
- Do not throw or toss at parade attendees. Items must be handed to attendees directly.
About The Festival
- Clocktower Meadows (grassy area west to the Clocktower, south of the Pavilion)
- Plaza (asphalt to the west of the Pavilion)
- Pavilion Outdoors (under the giant tent from ’74 Expo
- Pavilion Indoors (building directly west of the Pavilion tent)
- Rotary Fountain (south of the river, around the fountain, to the west of the Looff Carrousel)
- Lilac Bowl (grassy area at the far east end of the park; east of Washington/Stevens St.)
Note: All vendors will be located in Riverfront Park. No vending locations along the parade route.
Information Booths and Command Center:
This year, Spokane Pride is also launching a Command Center to handle all emergency and non-emergency calls. This will streamline getting help and questions answered quickly on festival day. The Command Center will be in contact with the Pride Board at all times, so if an event arises that needs a Pride representative to be present, they can get you someone quickly.
SMS Alerts & Notifications:
In addition to the Command Center, Spokane Pride has set up SMS text notifications. To opt into SMS alerts, please visit the SMS Vendor Alerts & Notifications page on their website: https://www.spokanepride.org/vendorsms.
- Parade Alerts (check-In, timeline, countdown, etc.)
- Emergency Alerts (lost child, safety concerns, etc.)
Spokane Pride WILL NOT use your information to text for any purpose following this event. Annual opt-in will be required to ensure consent. Additionally, if you prefer SMS support (asking questions via text) during the event, please text the command center at 509-822-7190.
The number one concern at Pride, as always, is safety. In order to provide a safe environment for all, Spokane Pride hase been working with Spokane Police Department to have officers on-site throughout the day and to have plans in place in case anything happens. In addition, Spokane Pride will also have the aforementioned Command Center, which will allow us to quickly assess any situations and send out notifications quickly.
As for health safety, there will be handwashing stations located near all porta-potties across the park and hand sanitizer available for use. We still encourage anyone who is sick or who shows symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home in order to decrease the risk to everyone else.
At both beverage gardens, there will have private security checking IDs and monitoring for overly-intoxicated individuals.
If you post any pictures from the event, use #spokanepride2023 and tag us so we can see all of them!
Note: Not a requirement, just a request since we love seeing all of the Pride photos!
Photography / Videography:
Photographs and/or video will be taken at the Spokane Pride Parade and Festival. By taking part in this event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photographer/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptation of the images for fundraising, publicity or other necessary purposes.
There will be a designated parking lot for handicap parking. Please find parking at your convenience. Here is a list of parking lots and spaces: https://my.spokanecity.org/parking/downtown-parking/.
Note: Some street parking will be unavailable due to the parade.
An Evening In Tuscany
July 28th, 2023
Beacon Hill Events
Italian Dinner and Auction Benefit For YWCA Spokane
An Evening In Tuscany is a beautiful Tuscan inspired event benefiting YWCA Spokane’s safe shelter and other programs and services for domestic violence survivors in Spokane.
For Your Entertainment
Guests can enjoy a fabulous scratch made Italian dinner prepared by local signature Chef Ellie Aaro with Beacon Hill Events and indulge in treats that will make you feel like you were in Tuscany!
For The Love Of Art
Spokane is full of talented artists and entertainers. This fundraiser will provide participants with creative ways to give including a silent and live auction focused on local arts, artists, and entertainment.
For A Good Cause
All proceeds from this Tuscan benefit will support the women, children, and programs at YWCA Spokane, including our domestic violence safe shelter, which is open 24hrs a day 365 days a year.
Join us and make a difference as we gather for a common goal of supporting the peace, justice, freedom, and dignity of the women and children served through YWCA Spokane’s programs for survivors of domestic violence.
Become a Sponsor Today
View An Evening in Tuscany sponsorship opportunities by clicking the sponsorship levels link below. To secure your sponsorship or learn more about sponsorship opportunities and benefits, contact Dana Morris Lee, YWCA Spokane CPO, at email@example.com or 509-742-0111. We look forward to exploring possible ways to partner to support the safety and well-being of our community.
- $1000 Helps With Childhood Education: Your gift could provide one 3-4-year-old child and their family access to a full year of YWCA Spokane’s early childhood education and assistance program.
- $500 Helps With Victim Services: Your gift could provide one victim of intimate partner violence with wrap-around support including safety planning, counseling, necessities, protection orders, group support, and emergency services.
- $200 Helps Provide Opportunity For Women: Your gift could provide one woman access to our Women’s Opportunity Center including resources to help her heal from trauma, build skills, address barriers to employment, and develop economic empowerment for a better future.
- $100 Helps Provide Shelter Meals: Your gift could provide food for one victim of domestic violence for a full week while staying at our safe shelter, so survivors can focus on healing from the trauma experienced.
If you would like to volunteer to help us with next year’s Tuscany dinner, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Thank You To Our 2022 Event Sponsors
Thank you so much for the lifeline your contributions provide to the women, children, and families we serve who are impacted by domestic violence, homelessness, and unemployment!