Thank You Miss Shifters All Girls Car Club
Your generous donation to YWCA Spokane’s Our Sister’s Closet clothing boutique is deeply appreciated.
We greatly appreciate Miss Shifters All Girls Car Club for taking it upon themselves to organize a clothing and necessities drive among their community to benefit Our Sister’s Closet, a donation-based clothing boutique for women in Spokane, provided by YWCA Spokane.
This past week, we were excited to accept over three car loads full of donated items including clothing, shoes, makeup, jewelry, and new feminine hygiene items from Miss Shifters. Miss Shifters’ clothing and necessities drive was so productive, the image above is only a partial depiction of the items they gifted to our program; we simply could not fit all of the items into one photo!
Their group members were energized by our mission, excited about giving back, and aware of the importance of our services. Our Sisters Closet, a free program for women in transition, is fueled by community donations like these. We are so grateful! Donations like these assist other areas of our programing as well, such as our safe shelter for survivors of domestic violence and our drop-in childcare program for clients.
The items that Miss Shifters collected and donated will make a major impact in the lives of the women who we work with, empowering them to look and feel amazing as they move throughout the world in their healing process.
We know that the ability to present oneself to the world how one wants is paramount to developing confidence after trauma. This confidence profoundly impacts the daily lived experience of women in transition and bolsters their ability to move forward with actions needed for their healing, recovery, and establishment of foundations for future success and security.
Learn How You Too Can Make An Impact
Are you a part of a group or organization seeking to engage in activities which empower women, especially those who are experiencing domestic violence, unemployment, and/or homelessness? Learn more about how you can organize your own clothing and necessities drive below!
Organizing a drive in four easy steps:
- Call on your community. Are you part of a book club or church group? Work in an office? Want to do something fun and different with your friends? Figure out the people who can help you collect items and let them spread the word!
- Decide what you want to donate to us! The following items are great for drives:
- Bras and panties (Bras can be used, panties must be new)
- Cosmetics – perfume or body spray, make-up and skin care
- Accessories – purses, scarves, belts, shoes, jewelry
- Please let us know about your drive. We can help to advertise on our Facebook page if you would like support!
- Drop-off your items at our central location’s front desk on 930 N Monroe St.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 509-326-1190!