In addition to our work responding to survivors of Intimate Partner Domestic Violence, YWCA Spokane is proud to offer training sessions for community members and organizations who would like learn more about domestic and intimate partner violence. We are also able to share information about our general services with groups, organizations, businesses, etc., as well as supply posters and brochures.
YWCA Spokane offers a variety of community training opportunities throughout the year. To view and register for trainings visit our calendar.
Domestic Violence 101: RECOGNIZE. RESPOND. REFER. Training
It takes a whole community to end Intimate Partner Violence, and the first step is to understand the issue.
YWCA Spokane’s DV 101 Training is a great way to get involved in ending the silence surrounding domestic violence. This training covers the basics of what intimate partner violence is, how to help someone who may be experiencing DV, and provides an overview of our free and confidential services.
Domestic Violence 101: Recognize. Respond. Refer.
- What is Intimate Partner Violence?
- Myths of Intimate Partner Violence
- Who is affected by Intimate Partner Violence?
- What are potential indicators of Intimate Partner Violence?
- How to help someone.
- YWCA Spokane’s free & confidential services.
- Who are YWCA Spokane advocates and what are their roles?
Upcoming DV 101 Training Sessions:
- Monday, January 8, 10:00 am – 11:30 am | Registration is now closed
- Thursday, January 11, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm | Registration is now closed
- Monday, March 11, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Thursday, March 14, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Domestic Violence 201: LEARNING IN ACTION Training
Deepen into the conversation and complexities surrounding intimate partner violence with DV 201.
NOTE: Due to the nature of this training, we highly recommend that you attend Domestic Violence 101: Recognize. Respond. Refer. first.
DV 201: Learning In Action covers the complex nature of intimate partner domestic violence and how to apply the lessons from DV 101 to scenarios and discussion questions.
Domestic Violence 201: Learning In Action
- Common myths about intimate partner violence
- Intimate partner violence experiences in specific groups
- Discussion of intimate partner violence scenarios
- Overview of legal protections available
- Differences between Support Advocacy & Therapy
- Summary of YWCA Spokane services
Upcoming DV 201 Training Sessions:
- Monday, December 11, 10:00 am – 11:30 am | Registration is now closed
- Thursday, December 14, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm | – Cancelled –
- Monday, February 5th, 10:00 am – 11:30 am| Registration is now closed
- Thursday, February 8th, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm| Registration is now closed
If you have any questions about hosting a training, please email our Community Engagement Coordinator, Jemma Riedel-Johnson, at email@example.com
Thank You To Those Who Have Hosted A Training With YWCA Spokane
We could not do this work without your partnership!
We are proud to have provided essential training to so many community members and businesses in Spokane County. Thank you to each of you for taking the time to learn about Intimate Partner Violence, how you can recognize signs, respond to the victim, and refer the situation to a YWCA Spokane Advocate. Our mission is made possible through you!
Partners who have hosted a YWCA Spokane Domestic Violence Training:
1st Judicial District Court
Arc of Spokane
Aging and Long Term Care of Eastern Washington
Allstate Purple Purse Foundation
Catholic Charities Eastern Washington
City of Spokane- City Council
City of Spokane
Communities in Schools of Spokane County
DSHS CSO- Maple location
DSHS CSO- Trent location
Dynamic Athletic Center Spokane
DoubleTree by Hilton
Eastern State Hospital
Eastern Washington University Pride Center
Frontier Behavioral Health
The Gathering House Church
Global Credit Union
Goodale & Barbieri Company
Kaiser Permanente Clinic
Kalispel Tribe of Indians
Lilac City Law
Lutheran Community Services Northwest
MiA Mujeres in Action
New Horizon Care Centers, Inc.
North Hill Christian Church
Numerica Credit Union
Our Place Community Ministries
Passages Family Support
Power 2 the Poetry
Providence Health Care
Salina Family Chiropractic
Salvation Army- Spokane
Spokane Community College
Spokane Falls Community College
Spokane Domestic Violence Coalition
Spokane Police Department
Spokane Woman’s Club
Steam Plant Spokane
Stop the Silence
Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- River Park Square location
Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- South Hill location
Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- Wandermere location
Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center
University of Washington / GU Med School
Washington State University Spokane
Washington State University Spokane Student Affairs Diversity Center
West Central Community Center
World Relief Spokane
YMCA of the Inland Northwest14