INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE TRAINING- HOW TO RECOGNIZE, RESPOND, AND REFER
Thank you for your interest in hosting a training with YWCA Spokane! It takes a whole community to end Intimate Partner Violence, and the first step is to understand the issue. Our Intimate Partner Violence Training is a great way to get your organization involved in ending the silence surrounding domestic violence.
About Our Trainings
In addition to our work responding to survivors of Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence, ou
r Alternatives to Domestic Violence Program hosts trainings for organizations who would like to be more informed on Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence. Each training is organized by our Community Education & Outreach Coordinator. Trainings last between 1.5 and 5 hours, depending on your organization’s availability. Additionally, trainings can serve a wide variety of audiences, from 15 people to 100 people. The Intimate Partner Violence Training can be adjusted to fit your organization’s needs. Trainings are open to experts and beginners, and may be made public or private. Our training’s cover the following:
- What is Intimate Partner Violence?
- Myths of Intimate Partner Violence
- Our own biases
- Who is affected by Intimate Partner Violence?
- What are the indicators of Intimate Partner Violence?
- Root causes of Intimate Partner Violence
- YWCA Spokane advocates and their roles
- How you can help when you suspect someone is going through IPV
- How you may already be bystander to someone going through violence
- YWCA Spokane’s services and how to access them
- Be an active bystander to end the gender-based violence culture
- Ending the Silence surrounding Domestic Violence
If you have any immediate questions about hosting a training, please email our Community Education & Outreach Coordinator, Nicole Nimens, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for hosting a training with YWCA Spokane!
We are thrilled you are taking the time to learn about Intimate Partner Violence, and how you can recognize the signs, respond to the victim, and refer the situation to an Advocate. Our mission is made possible through you!
Please register for your training below. This event is closed to the public, so if you do not see your organization’s training below, please email email@example.com.
Should you have any questions about this training, please do not hesitate to ask! Please call Nicole Nimens at 509- 789-9290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org