In addition to our work responding to survivors of Intimate Partner Domestic Violence, YWCA Spokane is proud to offer training sessions for community members and organizations who would like learn more about domestic and intimate partner violence. We are also able to share information about our general services with groups, organizations, businesses, etc., as well as supply posters and brochures.
YWCA Spokane offers a variety of community training opportunities throughout the year. To view and register for trainings visit our calendar.
Domestic Violence 101: RECOGNIZE. RESPOND. REFER. Training
It takes a whole community to end Intimate Partner Violence, and the first step is to understand the issue.
YWCA Spokane’s DV 101 Training is a great way to get involved in ending the silence surrounding domestic violence. This training covers the basics of what intimate partner violence is, how to help someone who may be experiencing DV, and provides an overview of our free and confidential services.
Upcoming DV 101 Training Sessions:
- July 2022
- September 2022
- November 2022
Domestic Violence 201: LEARNING IN ACTION Training
Deepen into the conversation and complexities surrounding intimate partner violence with DV 201.
Due to the nature of this training, we highly recommend that you attend Domestic Violence 101: Recognize. Respond. Refer. first.
DV 201: Learning In Action covers the complex nature of intimate partner domestic violence and how to apply the lessons from DV 101 to scenarios and discussion questions.
Upcoming DV 201 Training Sessions:
- August 2022
- November 2022
Content Will Include
The topics at each training can vary depending on organizational need and time allotted.
Domestic Violence 101: Recognize. Respond. Refer.
- What is Intimate Partner Violence?
- Myths of Intimate Partner Violence
- Who is affected by Intimate Partner Violence?
- What are potential indicators of Intimate Partner Violence?
- How to help someone.
- YWCA Spokane’s free & confidential services.
- Who are YWCA Spokane advocates and what are their roles?
Domestic Violence 201: Learning In Action
- Common myths about intimate partner violence
- Intimate partner violence experiences in specific groups
- Discussion of intimate partner violence scenarios
- Overview of legal protections available
- Differences between Support Advocacy & Therapy
- Summary of YWCA Spokane services
If you have any questions about hosting a training, please email our Community Engagement Coordinator, Jemma Riedel, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You To Those Who Have Hosted A Training With YWCA Spokane!
We could not do this work without your partnership!
We are proud to have provided essential training to so many community members and businesses in Spokane County. Thank you to each of you for taking the time to learn about Intimate Partner Violence, how you can recognize signs, respond to the victim, and refer the situation to a YWCA Spokane Advocate. Our mission is made possible through you!
Thank you to those who have hosted a YWCA Spokane Domestic Violence Training:
- 1st Judicial District Court
- Aging and Long Term Care of Eastern Washington
- Allstate Purple Purse Foundation
- Avista Utilities
- BHW1 Advertising
- Catholic Charities Eastern Washington
- CHAS Health
- City of Spokane- City Council
- City of Spokane
- Communities in Schools of Spokane County
- DSHS CSO- Maple location
- DSHS CSO- Trent location
- Dynamic Athletic Center Spokane
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- ECEAP- Spokane
- Eastern State Hospital
- Eastern Washington University Pride Center
- Frontier Behavioral Health
- The Gathering House Church
- Global Credit Union
- Goodale & Barbieri Company
- Gonzaga University
- Kaiser Permanente Clinic
- Kalispel Tribe of Indians
- Lilac City Law
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest
- MEDEX Northwest
- MiA Mujeres in Action
- Mauna Massage
- New Horizon Care Centers, Inc.
- North Hill Christian Church
- Numerica Credit Union
- Our PlaceCommunity Ministries
- Passages Family Support
- Power 2 the Poetry
- Praxis Coworking
- Providence Health Care
- Recovery Café
- Salina Family Chiropractic
- Salvation Army- Spokane
- Spark Central
- Spokane Community College
- Spokane Falls Community College
- Spokane Domestic Violence Coalition
- Spokane Police Department
- Spokane Woman’s Club
- Steam Plant Spokane
- Stop the Silence
- Thrivent Financial
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- River Park Square location
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- South Hill location
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- Wandermere location
- Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center
- Washington State University Spokane
- Washington State University Spokane Student Affairs Diversity Center
- Westminster Congregational
- West Central Community Center
- Whitworth University
- World Relief Spokane
- University of Washington- MedEx
- YMCA of the Inland Northwest14