In addition to our work responding to survivors of Intimate Partner Domestic Violence, YWCA Spokane is proud to offer training sessions for community members and organizations who would like learn more about domestic and intimate partner violence. Depending on your organization, size, and need, our Education & Outreach Advocate can customize a training session for you. We are also able to share information about our general services with groups, organizations, businesses, etc., as well as supply posters and brochures.
YWCA Spokane offers a variety of community training opportunities throughout the year. To view and register for trainings visit our calendar.
Domestic Violence 101: RECOGNIZE. RESPOND. REFER. Training
It takes a whole community to end Intimate Partner Violence, and the first step is to understand the issue.
YWCA Spokane’s DV 101 Training is a great way to get involved in ending the silence surrounding domestic violence. This training covers the basics of what intimate partner violence is, how to help someone who may be experiencing DV, and provides an overview of our free and confidential services.
Upcoming DV 101 Training Sessions:
- January 2021
What You Will Learn
The topics at each training can vary depending on organizational need and time allotted. At most training sessions, we cover the following:
- What is Intimate Partner Violence?
- Myths of Intimate Partner Violence
- What are our own biases?
- Who is affected by Intimate Partner Violence?
- What are the indicators of Intimate Partner Violence?
- What are the root causes of Intimate Partner Violence?
- Who are YWCA Spokane advocates, and what are their roles?
- How can I help someone I suspect is experiencing Intimate Partner Violence?
- Am I a bystander to Intimate Partner Violence?
- How do I access YWCA Spokane’s services?
- How do I end the silence about intimate partner violence?
If you have any questions about hosting a training, please email our Education and Outreach Advocate, Jemma Riedel, at email@example.com
Thank You To Those Who Have Hosted A Training With YWCA Spokane!
We could not do this work without your partnership!
We are proud to have provided essential training to so many community members and businesses in Spokane County. Thank you to each of you for taking the time to learn about Intimate Partner Violence, how you can recognize signs, respond to the victim, and refer the situation to a YWCA Spokane Advocate. Our mission is made possible through you!
Thank you to those who have hosted a YWCA Spokane Domestic Violence Training:
- 1st Judicial District Court
- Aging and Long Term Care of Eastern Washington
- Allstate Purple Purse Foundation
- Avista Utilities
- BHW1 Advertising
- CHAS Health
- City of Spokane- City Council
- City of Spokane
- Communities in Schools of Spokane County
- DSHS CSO- Maple location
- DSHS CSO- Trent location
- Dynamic Athletic Center Spokane
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- ECEAP- Spokane
- Eastern Washington University Pride Center
- Frontier Behavioral Health
- The Gathering House Church
- Global Credit Union
- Goodale & Barbieri Company
- Gonzaga University
- Kaiser Permanente Clinic
- Kalispel Tribe of Indians
- Lilac City Law
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest
- MEDEX Northwest
- MiA Mujeres in Action
- Mauna Massage
- New Horizon Care Centers, Inc.
- North Hill Christian Church
- Numerica Credit Union
- Our PlaceCommunity Ministries
- Passages Family Support
- Power 2 the Poetry
- Praxis Coworking
- Providence Health Care
- Recovery Café
- Salina Family Chiropractic
- Salvation Army- Spokane
- Spark Central
- Spokane Community College
- Spokane Falls Community College
- Spokane Domestic Violence Coalition
- Spokane Police Department
- Spokane Woman’s Club
- Steam Plant Spokane
- Stop the Silence
- Thrivent Financial
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- River Park Square location
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- South Hill location
- Twigs Martini Bar & Bistro- Wandermere location
- Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center
- Washington State University Spokane
- Washington State University Spokane Student Affairs Diversity Center
- Westminster Congregational
- West Central Community Center
- Whitworth University
- World Relief Spokane
- University of Washington- MedEx
- YMCA of the Inland Northwest