Ways To Give
YWCA Spokane supports survivors of domestic violence through a holistic approach focused on safety, healing, and empowerment. Additionally, our free preschool for low-income families and our job and life skills-building programs support parents and families in breaking cycles of trauma and poverty for generations to come. There are many ways to provide support, ensuring that our services remain free and accessible to those who need them most.
Please contact our Philanthropy team at 509.789.9305 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about making a gift.
Ways To Give
- Give Today
- Gift Assets (Stocks, Real Estate, or Property)
- Make A Tax Free Gift From Your IRA
- Leave A Legacy Through Your Will
- Give to the YWCA Spokane Forever Fund
- Gift Cryptocurrency
- Give through your DAF
- Join A Giving Circle
- Host A Fundraiser
- Matching Gifts and Rewards
- Donate Gift-In-Kind
Make a Tax-Deductible Gift Today
Your cash donations of any amount allow us to continue our life-saving work with survivors of domestic violence, support skill development and economic empowerment with women, and educate mothers and children in our community.
Gift Assets (Stocks, Real Estate, or Personal Property)
Most people think about making a charitable gift in the form of a cash donation, but donating stocks allows you to avoid the capital gains tax, and if you itemize deductions, you can also take a charitable deduction for the entire donation amount. This type of giving is incredibly impactful for YWCA Spokane and can benefit you.
Non-cash assets may include CDs, stock, real estate, life insurance, retirement accounts, art, and other collectibles. This secure online tool enables you to donate your appreciated assets online. You may also initiate a stock gift through your broker using this security transfers form.
If you have questions about how to initiate a gift of any of these types of assets, please contact our philanthropy department at 509.789.9305 or by email at email@example.com.
Make a Tax Free Gift from your IRA
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of this simple way to benefit YWCA Spokane and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity like ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution (QCD). IRA gifts are generally not recognized as taxable income and if you must take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) this year, giving from your IRA is a compassionate way to fulfill it.
Giving a QCD is simple: the gift needs to be made directly from your IRA account, either by writing a check from your IRA account or by having your IRA administrator issue a payment to YWCA Spokane (Federal Tax ID#: 91-0565025).
You can use this secure online tool to make a donation from your IRA account or learn more and fill out the forms from your IRA custodian in just a few minutes, or print out the forms to fill them out offline.
Leave A Legacy
Bequests from a will or trust are one of the most impactful ways you can give to YWCA Spokane. Some people set aside a certain dollar amount. Others leave a percentage of the estate or assets left over after providing for their family. Others have made YWCA Spokane the beneficiary of 401K/IRA plans or insurance policies, or have established a Charitable Remainder Trust. There are many ways for anyone to leave a transformational gift to YWCA Spokane, and we can help guide you through the process. Create a will for free using this online tool or start planning your beneficiaries here.
Give to the YWCA Spokane Forever Fund
For 120 years, YWCA Spokane has been committed to eliminating racism and empowering women. Our mission has evolved and grown during this time, but the foundation of our work has remained the same. By giving to YWCA Spokane’s Forever Fund, you contribute to something special, something bigger than any one of us. The YWCA endowment will live long after we are all gone. Your gift creates sustainable funding that will make a significant impact in ensuring that survivors can receive services not just today but forever.
We now accept donations of Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies! When you donate your crypto to YWCA Spokane, there’s no capital gains tax to pay, meaning a larger impact on our work today. Donating your crypto in support of YWCA may also allow you to receive a federal tax deduction against your income tax for the full value of the gift.
This secure online donation tool has no transaction fee, meaning 100% of your crypto gift will go toward supporting us!
Give through your DAF
Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs) are investment accounts for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations. By recommending a grant from your DAF to YWCA Spokane, you can help us promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all — with funds you already have set aside.
This quick and secure online tool from our partner, FreeWill, integrates with your DAF custodian and helps you recommend a grant in just a few minutes. You can also make a grant request directly through your DAF custodian. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions on how to direct your gift!
Join a Giving Circle
- Impact Partner: Have you considered multiplying the impact of your gift? Giving monthly is a win, win. Our clients win because your support is dependable and you win by feeling a sense of pride that you are helping provide safety for those we serve. Learn more…
- Visionary Leader: a community of passionate leaders who believe in YWCA’s critical programs and services. Learn more…
- Leave a Legacy: Support the future of our community with a planned gift to YWCA Spokane. You have the potential to do something extraordinary, and be forever remembered for the legacy you left behind. Learn more…
- You can give donations:
- By phone: To make a gift over the phone, please call us at 509.326.1190, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- By mail: Please address checks to YWCA Spokane and send to YWCA Spokane, Development Department, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201.
- Online: Visit our donation page and select the recurring donation option and make a lasting impact!
Host Your Own Fundraiser
Host a Beneficiary Event: Have fun and give back to the community by hosting your own fundraiser or product drive to benefit YWCA. Contact Dana Morris Lee at 509.742.011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host a Donation Drive: Contact your neighborhood grocery store or shopping mall to see if you can host a drive to benefit our programs!
- Create Hope Stones: Gather your friends and make jewelry for a cause! All supplies will be provided. All you have to do is gather your friends and create items to benefit our domestic violence safe shelter! Contact our Shelter Resource & Development Coordinator Melanie Wilson at 509-863-2882 or email her at email@example.com to set up a date at your home or another fun location. Learn more…
Matching Gifts & Rewards Giving Opportunities
- Matching Gift Opportunities: check with your place of work to see if a matching gift program is in place to support your non-profit of choice.
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Support YWCA Spokane just by grocery shopping with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating 2.6 million each year to a non-profit of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card to YWCA Spokane and use it when you shop at Fred Meyer. Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping YWCA Spokane earn a donation.
- Yoke’s Loyalty Card Giving: Contribute to our agency just by shopping at Yoke’s Fresh Market stores! Simply pick up and register a Yoke’s eScrip Community Card, and Yoke’s will make contributions to your selected group based on the purchases you make.
- Donation Drop-Off: Each week, on Tuesdays from 9 am – 5 pm, our staff will be able to receive donations for Our Sister’s Closet. Donations may be delivered in person to our front desk located at 930 N Monroe St. on Tuesdays between 9 am and 5 pm. We are unable to accept or receive donations on any day of the week other than Tuesday.
- Donate clothing: YWCA Spokane accepts new and gently used clothing, new and gently accessories, and new toiletries for our donation-based, free clothing boutique for women, Our Sister’s Closet. For more information please reference this Donation Guide.
- Donate food and hygiene items: YWCA domestic violence safe shelters are always in need of donations. For more information about food donations, please contact Melanie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate household items: YWCA Spokane helps provide housing wares to the families living in our emergency and transitional housing. To make a donation please contact Jen Haynes at email@example.com
- YWCA Donation Wish List: View our YWCA Spokane Wish Lists, a comprehensive list of items needed on a continual basis.
Please Complete A Donation Receipt
Filling out a donation receipt for your contribution to YWCA Spokane not only provides you with a record of your contribution for tax purposes, it also helps us accurately account for the support received from our community. Thank you for taking a brief moment to fill out this short form and submitting it with your donations* so we can help let our grantors and supporters know about your wonderful contributions in support of those we serve. Thank you!
*If your gift-in-kind donations exceeds $999, please fill out a gift itemization form and include it with your donation. Please also keep a copy for your tax records. Thank you!
Your gifts make a real impact on thousands of lives. Join our cause and support innovative YWCA programs that empower women and families in our community.
Despite our great work, increased needs and reduced funding are straining the community’s safety net. For every woman or family we help, there are many more that could use the support that we are unable to reach without consistent support from our community partners.
Your investment will provide essential resources like domestic violence counseling, legal services, clothing, support for children in trauma, and job skills training.
Learn more about YWCA Spokane’s impact in our community.
Thank you to our donors!
Thank you to all the members of our community who host donation drives, gather donation items with their friends, and take the time to give to our agency.