Ways To Give
Together, we can create a sustainable community where everyone is able to live with dignity and respect.
YWCA Spokane supports survivors of domestic violence through a holistic approach focused on safety, healing, and empowerment. Additionally, our free preschool for low income families, and our job and life skills building programs support parents and families in breaking cycles of trauma and poverty for generations to come. There are many ways to provide support, ensuring that our services remain free and accessible to those who need them most.
Please contact our Philanthropy team at 509.789.9305 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about making a gift.
Ways To Give
- Give Today
- Gift Assets (Stocks, Real Estate, or Property)
- Make A Tax Free Gift From Your IRA
- Leave A Legacy Through Your Will
- Check Out Online Giving That Doesn’t Require Cash From You
- Join A Giving Circle
- Host A Fundraiser
- Donate Gift-In-Kind
Make a Tax-Deductible Gift Today
Your cash donations of any amount allow us to continue our life-saving work with survivors of domestic violence, support skill development and economic empowerment with women, and educate mothers and children in our community.
Gift Assets (Stocks, Real Estate, or Personal Property)
Most people think about making a charitable gift in the form of a cash donation, but there are many ways that you can give through non-cash assets while also benefiting from a tax-deductible gift to YWCA Spokane, without taking any money out of your bank account. Giving appreciated assets has advantages for both you and YWCA Spokane. You may be able to avoid capital gains taxes, reduce your estate taxes, or even take a charitable deduction for the entirety of the donation amount.
Non-cash assets may include CDs, stock, real estate, life insurance, retirement accounts, art, and other collectibles. Use the form below to easily transfer stocks.
Security Transfers Form
Or easily give stocks through our Donate Stock account.
If you have questions about how to initiate a gift of any of these types of assets, please contact our philanthropy department at 509.789.9305 or by email at email@example.com. If you have questions about the financial benefits of gifting these types of assets, please contact a personal financial advisor.
Make a Tax Free Gift from your IRA
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of this simple way to benefit YWCA Spokane and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity like ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution (QCD).
Giving a QCD is simple: the gift needs to be made directly from your IRA account, either by writing a check from your IRA account or by having your IRA administrator issue a payment to YWCA Spokane (Federal Tax ID#: 91-0565025). Each financial institution has its own process for initiating a QCD, just contact your IRA custodian to find out how.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to YWCA Spokane this year and well into the future!
Leave A Legacy
Bequests from a will or trust are one of the most impactful ways you can give to YWCA Spokane. Some people set aside a certain dollar amount. Others leave a percentage of the estate or assets left over after providing for their family. Others have made YWCA Spokane the beneficiary of 401K/IRA plans or insurance policies, or have established a Charitable Gift Annuity or a Charitable Remainder Trust to the Association. There are many ways for anyone to leave a transformational gift to YWCA Spokane, and we can help guide you through the process.
- Matching Gift Opportunities: check with your place of work to see if a matching gift program is in place to support your non-profit of choice.
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Support YWCA Spokane just by grocery shopping with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating 2.6 million each year to a non-profit of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card to YWCA Spokane and use it when you shop at Fred Meyer. Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping YWCA Spokane earn a donation.
- Yoke’s Loyalty Card Giving: Contribute to our agency just by shopping at Yoke’s Fresh Market stores! Simply pick up and register a Yoke’s eScrip Community Card, and Yoke’s will make contributions to your selected group based on the purchases you make.
Join a Giving Circle
- Impact Partner: Have you considered multiplying the impact of your gift? Giving monthly is a win, win. Our clients win because your support is dependable and you win by feeling a sense of pride that you are helping provide safety for those we serve. Learn more…
- Visionary Leader: a community of passionate leaders who believe in YWCA’s critical programs and services. Learn more…
- Leave a Legacy: Support the future of our community with a planned gift to YWCA Spokane. You have the potential to do something extraordinary, and be forever remembered for the legacy you left behind. Learn more…
- You can give donations:
- By phone: To make a gift over the phone, please call us at 509.326.1190, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- By mail: Please address checks to YWCA Spokane and send to YWCA Spokane, Development Department, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201.
- Online: Visit our donation page and select the recurring donation option and make a lasting impact!
Host Your Own Fundraiser
Host a Beneficiary Event: Have fun and give back to the community by hosting your own fundraiser or product drive to benefit YWCA. Contact Dana Morris at 509.742.011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host a Donation Drive: Contact your neighborhood grocery store or shopping mall to see if you can host a drive to benefit our programs!
- Create Hope Stones: Gather your friends and make jewelry for a cause! All supplies will be provided. All you have to do is gather your friends and create items to benefit our domestic violence safe shelter! Contact our Shelter Resource & Development Coordinator Melanie Wilson at 509-863-2882 or email her at email@example.com to set up a date at your home or another fun location. Learn more…
- Donation Drop-Off: Each week, on Tuesdays from 9 am – 5 pm, our staff will be able to receive donations for Our Sister’s Closet. Donations may be delivered in person to our front desk located at 930 N Monroe St. on Tuesdays between 9 am and 5 pm. We are unable to accept or receive donations on any day of the week other than Tuesday.
- Donate clothing: YWCA Spokane accepts new and gently used clothing, new and gently accessories, and new toiletries for our donation-based, free clothing boutique for women, Our Sister’s Closet. For more information please reference this Donation Guide.
- Donate food and hygiene items: YWCA domestic violence safe shelters are always in need of donations. For more information about food donations, please contact Melanie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate household items: YWCA Spokane helps provide housing wares to the families living in our emergency and transitional housing. To make a donation please contact Jen Haynes at email@example.com
- YWCA Donation Wish List: View our YWCA Spokane Wish Lists, a comprehensive list of items needed on a continual basis.
Please Complete A Donation Receipt
Filling out a donation receipt for your contribution to YWCA Spokane not only provides you with a record of your contribution for tax purposes, it also helps us accurately account for the support received from our community. Thank you for taking a brief moment to fill out this short form and submitting it with your donations* so we can help let our grantors and supporters know about your wonderful contributions in support of those we serve. Thank you!
*If your gift-in-kind donations exceeds $999, please fill out a gift itemization form and include it with your donation. Please also keep a copy for your tax records. Thank you!
Your gifts make a real impact on thousands of lives. Join our cause and support innovative YWCA programs that empower women and families in our community.
Despite our great work, increased needs and reduced funding are straining the community’s safety net. For every woman or family we help, there are many more that could use the support that we are unable to reach without consistent support from our community partners.
Your investment will provide essential resources like domestic violence counseling, legal services, clothing, support for children in trauma, and job skills training.
Learn more about YWCA Spokane’s impact in our community.
Thank you to our donors!
Thank you to all the members of our community who host donation drives, gather donation items with their friends, and take the time to give to our agency.