Help us celebrate amazing people in Spokane by nominating an individual for our 2024 Women of Achievement Awards!
Winners of a YWCA Women of Achievement award embody the mission of YWCA Spokane by giving generously of themselves to make Spokane a better place for all citizens to live. They must demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community.
Nominations are now open for 2024!
To submit a nomination, please read the instructions below, and then either fill out the form below, or download the fillable pdf nomination form and email or mail back to us. Please plan to complete this submission in one sitting as the form does not allow you to save and return.
Before you get started:
- Determine which category or categories (up to 3) you would like to select with your nomination.
- Once your nomination has been submitted, a copy will be sent to the email address you provided within the form.
- A panel of judges will select the recipient of each award in late 2023.
- Honorees and their nominators will be notified of the awards status once selected.
- The selected award recipients will be our guests at YWCA’s Women of Achievement awards event in March of 2024.
- Alternatively, you are welcome to submit your nomination using our fillable pdf. **Note**: Make sure to download and open the PDF on your computer, not via your browser in order to save and send your content back to us, if you choose this submission option.
- The deadline for submissions is October 31st, 2023.Please direct any questions to email@example.com. Thank you.
The Woman of Achievement awards is an annual opportunity for YWCA Spokane to honor and celebrate the outstanding contributions of women in our community who demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community. Through the below categories, selected honorees embody the mission of YWCA Spokane by giving generously of themselves to make Spokane a better place for all of its citizens to live.
- Arts and Culture: This award recognizes an outstanding individual that fosters arts or culture in significant ways as an artist, volunteer, leader, educator, or patron of meaningful cultural and/or artistic endeavors within the community. They have exhibited long term support for arts and culture, have had a significant impact on the region’s arts/cultural landscape through personal expression, innovation, preservation, or education, and/or demonstrated a successful collaboration between arts and cultural organizations and business.
- Business and Industry: This award recognizes an outstanding individual who is acknowledged in business or industry for their exemplary leadership. They are committed to excellence, create and inspires a positive work environment, and influence and motivate positive change in their business, industry, trade or workplace.
- Carl Maxey Racial and Social Justice: This award recognizes an outstanding individual with a record of exemplary leadership and service in the areas of eliminating racism and promoting diversity through community service, racial reconciliation and/or social justice outreach within the community, workplace, institutions or agencies. They demonstrate efforts to provide service to underrepresented persons or communities, bridge the gaps that often exist between differing groups, and/or ensure the fair treatment of oppressed, abused, or underprivileged groups or individuals. The nominee seeks opportunities to attain a common vision for peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all people.
- Community Enhancement: This award recognizes an outstanding individual who inspires, mentors, advocates, and acts on behalf of others through community programs, organizations, or through philanthropic endeavors. They have shown dedication by creating, participating in, or adapting programs to meet community needs in the areas of social services, community improvement, and human rights.
- Education: This award recognizes an outstanding individual who is a public/private educator, trainer, or administrator who inspires a passion for excellence and innovation for personal growth, development, and lifelong learning through the education system, employee training and development, community education, or alternative programs. They have developed innovative programs and/or built a strong rapport with learners, parents, colleagues, or the community at large to foster learning in a broader sense.
- Government and Public Service: This award recognizes the contributions of an outstanding individual in or with a governmental or public service related field. Dedicated to protecting, improving, and maintaining the public’s wellbeing, health, and safety – now and into the future – this honoree models a history of exemplary accomplishments in support of and in service to our community.
- Science, Technology, and Environment: This award recognizes contributions of an outstanding individual in a science-related field including pure and applied sciences, engineering and life sciences, healthcare, technology, agriculture or the environment. They are dedicated to technological, scientific, or health advancement through either research or application, or to the preservation, protection, or improvement of the environment.
- Young Woman: This award recognizes an outstanding young individual that is making an impact early in their career to better our community. The award is focused on individuals out of high school, but under 35 that have shown dedication by creating, participating or adapting programs to meet community needs, and embodies the mission of the YWCA.
Please note: Submission of additional documentation to further support and represent intent of this nomination is highly encouraged. Examples include: a paragraph expressing support from a member of the community, letters of recommendation, publications, or personal bios.
Information provided on this form will be kept confidential.
YWCA Spokane Is On A Mission
YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. YWCA is on a mission to stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
About The Women of Achievement Awards
YWCA Spokane’s Woman of Achievement awards luncheon provides an opportunity to honor and celebrate the outstanding contributions of individuals in our community who demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community. In addition to honoring amazing individuals and learning about the mission and impact of YWCA Spokane, we are always inspired by an incredible keynote speaker.
In alignment with Women’s History Month, the Women of Achievement awards luncheon takes place in annually in March. We will announce our 2024 date and further details about the event soon. If you have not already done so, please consider signing up for our email updates, read our blog, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2023 SPONSORS!
This awards celebration would not be possible without the incredible support of our sponsors.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Lydia Duffy, YWCA Spokane Philanthropy Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-953-5992.
Mission Partner & Signature Sponsor:
Mission Partner & Honoree Sponsor:
Mission Partner & Video Production Sponsor: