Submit Your Nomination Today For YWCA’s 2022 Women of Achievement Awards
Thank you for taking time to submit one or more nominations for YWCA Spokane’s 2022 Women of Achievement awards. YWCA Spokane is excited to honor trailblazers in our community who embody the mission of YWCA Spokane by giving generously of themselves to make Spokane a better place for all of its citizens to live.
Before you get started:
- Determine which category or categories (up to 3) you would like to select with your nomination.
- Please plan to complete this submission in one sitting as the form does not allow you to save and return.
- Once your nomination has been submitted, a copy will be sent to the email address you provided within the form.
- Information provided on this form will be kept confidential.
- A panel of judges will select the recipient of each award.
- Honorees and nominators will both be notified of the awards status once selected.
- The selected award recipients will be our guests at YWCA’s Women of Achievement awards event held on March 24, 2022.
- Alternatively, you are welcome to submit your nomination using our fillable PDF form. **Note**: Make sure to download and open the PDF on your computer not via your browser in order to save and send your content back to us, if you choose this submission option.
- The deadline for submissions is November 1, 2021.
- Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The Woman of Achievement awards is an annual opportunity for YWCA Spokane to honor and celebrate the outstanding contributions of women in our community who demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community. Through the below categories, selected honorees embody the mission of YWCA Spokane by giving generously of themselves to make Spokane a better place for all of its citizens to live.
- Arts and Culture: This award recognizes an outstanding woman that fosters arts or culture in significant ways as an artist, volunteer, leader, educator, or patron of meaningful cultural and/or artistic endeavors within the community. She has exhibited long term support for arts and culture, has had a significant impact on the region’s arts/cultural landscape through personal expression, innovation, preservation, or education, and/or demonstrated a successful collaboration between arts and cultural organizations and business.
- Business and Industry: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is acknowledged in business or industry for her exemplary leadership. She is committed to excellence, creates and inspires a positive work environment and influences and motivates positive change in her business, industry, trade or workplace.
- Carl Maxey Racial and Social Justice: This award recognizes an outstanding woman with a record of exemplary leadership and service in the areas of eliminating racism and promoting diversity through community service, racial reconciliation and/or social justice outreach within the community, workplace, institutions or agencies. She demonstrates efforts to provide service to underrepresented persons or communities, bridge the gaps that often exist between differing groups, and/or ensure the fair treatment of oppressed, abused, or underprivileged groups or individuals. The nominee seeks opportunities to attain a common vision for peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all people.
- Community Enhancement: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who inspires, mentors advocates and acts on behalf of others through community programs, organizations, or through philanthropic endeavors. She has shown her dedication by creating, participating in or adapting programs to meet community needs in the areas of social services, community improvement, and human rights.
- Education: This award recognizes an outstanding woman who is a public or private educator, trainer, or administrator who inspires a passion for excellence and innovation for personal growth, development and lifelong learning through the education system, employee training and development, community education or alternative programs. She has developed innovative programs and/or built a strong rapport with learners, parents, colleagues or the community at large to foster learning in a broader sense.
- Government and Public Service: This award recognizes the contributions of an outstanding women in or with a governmental or public service related field. Dedicated to protecting, improving, and maintaining the public’s well-being, health, and safety – now and into the future – this honoree models a history of exemplary accomplishments in support of and in service to our community.
- Science, Technology, and Environment: This award recognizes contributions of an outstanding woman in a science-related field including pure and applied sciences, engineering and life sciences, healthcare, technology, agriculture or the environment. She is dedicated to technological, scientific, or health advancement through either research or application, or to the preservation, protection, or improvement of the environment.
- Young Woman: This award recognizes an outstanding young woman that is making an impact early in her career to better our community. The award is focused on women out of high school, but under 35 that have shown dedication by creating, participating or adapting programs to meet community needs, and she embodies the mission of the YWCA.
Congratulations To Previous Award Honorees
YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. YWCA is on a mission to stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
About The Women of Achievement Awards
YWCA Spokane’s Woman of Achievement awards luncheon provides an opportunity to honor and celebrate the outstanding contributions of women in our community who demonstrate leadership through their professional work or service to the community.
In alignment with Women’s History Month, the Women of Achievement awards luncheon will be moving to March! Community members are encouraged to save the date, Thursday, March 24th, 2022. Additional details as well as registration will be made available starting in October.
This awards celebration would not be possible without the incredible support of our sponsors.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities contact Briana Berner, YWCA Spokane Donor Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 509-953-5992.