Ways To Give
Together, we can create a sustainable community where everyone is able to live with dignity and respect.
~ YWCA Gift-in-kind Donations During COVID-19 ~
Starting on June 8th 2021, Our Sister’s Closet will be accepting general donations from the community again, one day per week. Each week, on Tuesdays from 9 am – 5 pm, our staff will be able to receive donations for Our Sister’s Closet. Donations may be delivered in person to our front desk located at 930 N Monroe St. on Tuesdays between 9 am and 5 pm. We are unable to accept or receive donations on any day of the week other than Tuesday. There is also an option to give through Amazon by purchasing items on our wishlist and having them delivered directly to us.
When giving a general donation to Our Sister’s Closet, please reference this Donation Guide, which outlines items that we are in need of and items we are unable to accept. If you are interested in donating an item that we are unable to accept within Our Sister’s Closet, please consider donating to one of our nonprofit community partners. Our staff can provide a list of nonprofit community partners who accept donations, upon request.
YWCA Spokane’s domestic violence safe shelter is currently accepting gift card donations ordered and delivered via Amazon. Gift card donations can be dropped off or mailed to YWCA Spokane, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201. If ordering via Amazon, please include Safe Shelter as the recipient. Find a link to our Amazon Safe Shelter Wishlist here. For specific shelter donations questions, contact Melanie at email@example.com.
At this time, we are not able to accept donated goods outside of the items detailed above. We will continue to provide updates as our ability to accept and receive donations changes. In the meantime, we encourage those who would like to support YWCA Spokane in other ways to consider conducting a virtual donation drive for monetary support or give a monetary donation online here.
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation Today
Your donations to YWCA Spokane allow us to continue our life-saving work with survivors of domestic violence, support skill development and economic empowerment with women, and educate mothers and children in our community.
There are Many Different Ways You Give!
There are many ways you can give to YWCA Spokane and make an incredible impact. Take a look below at a variety of ways you can support our work.
- Most people think about making a charitable gift in the form of a cash donation. There are many ways that you can give through non-cash assets while also benefiting from the tax-deductible gift to YWCA Spokane. Non-cash assets may include CDs, stock, real estate, life insurance, retirement accounts, art, and other collectibles. For more information on how you can give and get the most from your assets, please contact Dana Morris Lee, Chief Philanthropy Office at 509-742-0111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more…
- Matching Gift Opportunities: check with your place of work to see if a matching gift program is in place to support your non-profit of choice.
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Support YWCA Spokane just by grocery shopping with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating 2.6 million each year to a non-profit of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card to YWCA Spokane and use it when you shop at Fred Meyer. Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping YWCA Spokane earn a donation.
- Yoke’s Loyalty Card Giving: Contribute to our agency just by shopping at Yoke’s Fresh Market stores! Simply pick up and register a Yoke’s eScrip Community Card, and Yoke’s will make contributions to your selected group based on the purchases you make.
- AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives. It’s that easy! Support YWCA Spokane by shopping at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchase(s) to the charitable organization of your choice. Click below to get shopping!
Join a Partnership Circle
- Impact Partner: Have you considered multiplying the impact of your gift? Giving monthly is a win, win. Our clients win because your support is dependable and you win by feeling a sense of pride that you are helping provide safety for those we serve. Learn more…
- Visionary Leader: a community of passionate leaders who believe in YWCA’s critical programs and services. Learn more…
- Leave a Legacy: Support the future of our community with a planned gift to YWCA Spokane. You have the potential to do something extraordinary, and be forever remembered for the legacy you left behind. Learn more…
- You can give donations:
- By phone: To make a gift over the phone, please call us at 509.326.1190, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- By mail: Please address checks to YWCA Spokane and send to YWCA Spokane, Development Department, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201.
- Online: Visit our donation page and select the recurring donation option and make a lasting impact!
Host Your Own Fundraiser
Host a Beneficiary Event: Have fun and give back to the community by hosting your own fundraiser or product drive to benefit YWCA. Contact Dana Morris at 509.742.011 or email email@example.com.
- Host a Donation Drive: Contact your neighborhood grocery store or shopping mall to see if you can host a drive to benefit our programs!
- Create Hope Stones: Gather your friends and make jewelry for a cause! All supplies will be provided. All you have to do is gather your friends and create items to benefit our domestic violence safe shelter! Contact our Shelter Resource & Development Coordinator Melanie Wilson at 509-863-2882 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a date at your home or another fun location. Learn more…
- Donation Drop-Off: Each week, on Tuesdays from 9 am – 5 pm, our staff will be able to receive donations for Our Sister’s Closet. Donations may be delivered in person to our front desk located at 930 N Monroe St. on Tuesdays between 9 am and 5 pm. We are unable to accept or receive donations on any day of the week other than Tuesday.
- Donate clothing: YWCA Spokane accepts new and gently used clothing, new and gently accessories, and new toiletries for our donation-based, free clothing boutique for women, Our Sister’s Closet. For more information please reference this Donation Guide.
- Donate food and hygiene items: YWCA domestic violence safe shelters are always in need of donations. For more information about food donations, please contact Melanie Wilson at email@example.com.
- Donate household items: YWCA Spokane helps provide housing wares to the families living in our emergency and transitional housing. To make a donation please contact Jen Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- YWCA Donation Wish List: View our YWCA Spokane Wish Lists, a comprehensive list of items needed on a continual basis.
Please Complete A Donation Receipt
Filling out a donation receipt for your contribution to YWCA Spokane not only provides you with a record of your contribution for tax purposes, it also helps us accurately account for the support received from our community. Thank you for taking a brief moment to fill out this short form and submitting it with your donations* so we can help let our grantors and supporters know about your wonderful contributions in support of those we serve. Thank you!
*If your gift-in-kind donations exceeds $999, please fill out a gift itemization form and include it with your donation. Please also keep a copy for your tax records. Thank you!
Your gifts make a real impact on thousands of lives. Join our cause and support innovative YWCA programs that empower women and families in our community.
Despite our great work, increased needs and reduced funding are straining the community’s safety net. For every woman or family we help, there are many more that could use the support that we are unable to reach without consistent support from our community partners.
Your investment will provide essential resources like domestic violence counseling, legal services, clothing, support for children in trauma, and job skills training.
Learn more about YWCA Spokane’s impact in our community.
Thank you to our donors!
Thank you to all the members of our community who host donation drives, gather donation items with their friends, and take the time to give to our agency.