Join together with millions of people demonstrating our common capacity to give.
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. People are coming together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On Giving Tuesday, we have a day for giving back. Giving Tuesday is the opening day of the giving season: a reminder of the “reason for the season.” Together, people are creating a new ritual for our annual calendar.
9 Ways To Give
Every act of generosity counts, and each means even more when we give together. You can give time or expertise, monetary donations large or small, simple acts of kindness, food or clothing. Click on one of 9 ways to give to learn more.
1. Donate $
Every dollar makes a difference. Your monetary donations to YWCA Spokane allow us to: continue our life saving work with survivors of domestic violence, support skill development and economic empowerment for women, educate mothers and children in our community, and provide trauma support services for children and youth.
Despite our great work, increased needs and reduced funding are straining the community’s safety net. For every woman or family we help, there are many more that could use support that we are unable to reach without consistent support from our community partners.
- Your time is one of the most valuable things you can give. Learn about fun, rewarding one-time and on-going volunteer opportunities by contacting Kate at email@example.com or call 509-789-9312.
- Put your advanced skills to good use. Consider joining an event or program committee, be a guest facilitator in our job readiness program, facilitate a soft skills class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-789-9305 to learn more.
- Donate food and hygiene items: YWCA domestic violence safe shelters are always in need of donations. For more information about food donations, please contact Melanie Wilson at email@example.com.
- Donate clothing: The YWCA accepts gently used clothing, accessories, and new toiletries for our donation-based, free clothing boutique for women, Our Sister’s Closet. For more information contact Teresa Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate furniture and household items: The YWCA helps provide furniture and other housing wares to the families living in our emergency and transitional housing. To make a furniture donation please contact Jen Haynes at email@example.com.
- Hope For The Holidays. During this holiday season of giving, consider sponsoring a holiday wish lists from one of our YWCA clients and help us make this holiday season a little brighter for women, children, and families in our community.
- Agency Wish List: View our YWCA Spokane Wish Lists, a comprehensive list of items needed on a continual basis. Drop off new and gently used items at 930 N Monroe St., Spokane, WA 99201. Thank you!
5. Stay Informed
- Educate. Schedule a domestic violence training for your place of business or community center. Help us end the silence that so often surrounds domestic violence. Contact Nicole Nimens at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-789-9290.
- Awareness + Action = Change. Join our cause and stay informed about ways you can step into action and make a difference by signing up for our periodic eNews updates.
RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards. Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Support the YWCA Spokane just by grocery shopping with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating 2.6 million each year to a non-profit of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card to YWCA Spokane and use it when you shop at Fred Meyer. Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping YWCA Spokane earn a donation.
- AmazonSmile. You shop. Amazon gives. It’s that easy! Support the YWCA Spokane by shopping at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchase(s) to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Steps to using AmazonSmile: (1)Visit smile.amazon.com (2) Sign in with your Amazon account and choose which charity you would like to support. If you are already signed into Amazon, simply search for “YWCA of Spokane.” Once you’ve selected the charity you’d like to support, you can begin shopping! It’s the same Amazon you know, but now a percentage of your eligible purchases will be donated to YWCA Spokane!
7. Spread Awareness
- Share. Social media has grown to become a consistent form of up-to-date communication. Consider following YWCA Spokane on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and spread awareness about the work we do in the community.
- Advocate. Contact your local legislators and share your voice about issues that impact you, your family, and the families served by your community. Visit the YWCA National site to learn more about our national policy priorities. Forward critical updates you receive through our eNews updates.
8. Join Us
- Support YWCA Spokane’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women by attending an upcoming event. Each event creates a special and unique opportunity to make a difference while enjoying a memorable and inspiring experience.
9. Give Thanks
- Let our team know how valuable they are. Our passionate YWCA team puts their heart and soul into their work. If you had a positive interaction with one of staff, consider sharing your experience. Help us celebrate the amazing work our team does every day.
- Personal Impact. Have you been a recipient of YWCA Spokane services? Consider sharing YWCA’s impact in your life.
about YWCA Spokane
We believe in a community where all women and children have a safe place to live. A place where women have the opportunity to earn a livable wage and families can live free from violence, in peace, and with dignity.