As providers of services to sexual assault and domestic violence survivors; Lutheran Community Services, YWCA Spokane, and MiA have invited candidates running for office in the legal system to participate in this forum and provide their perspective and plan regarding how to process cases and support survivors. Invitations have been sent to candidates for the following offices: County Clerk, County Prosecutor, Spokane County Sheriff, and the District Court Judges (all positions).
The following candidates have accepted the invitation and stated they would be in attendance:
- Spokane County Sheriff: Wade Nelson and John Nowels.
- Spokane County Prosecutor: Larry Haskell and Deb Conklin
- Spokane County District Court Judge Ps 3: Jenny Zappone and Eric Dooyema
- Spokane County District Court Judge Ps 6: Deanna Crull and Andrew Biviano
- Spokane County Clerk: Tim Fitzgerald
The forum will have Spanish interpretation available, is free to the public, and open to all.
Have a question for a candidate? Submit questions at: https://bit.ly/candidateforum2022.
Click here if you choose to join the forum virtually via zoom. Passcode: Legal2022
For more information, visit the Facebook event page here.