A Recipe for a Healthy “We!”
Join us this October for our 3rd End the Silence Campaign by stopping by Sweet Frosting’s Blissful Bakeshop to learn about how to live out a healthy relationship! This event will allow you to meet with local DV Officers and advocates, who know not simply what domestic violence looks like, but also the practices of healthy relationships. Come by, get a free cupcake, and learn about relationships with the Spokane community!
- Please join us on October 20th from 12:00 pm-3:30 pm
- Thank you to Sweet Frostings Blissful Bakeshop | 15 S Washington St, Spokane, WA 99201, for hosting this event
- End The Silence cookies will also be available for purchase with part of the proceeds going towards our mission to raise awareness about domestic violence.
- Focus is on healthy relationships and building a recipe for what a healthy relationship looks like to each individual. This is a family event and we encourage all to attend.
- We will have free mini cupcakes while supplies last!
End the Silence Campaign
This family friendly event is part of our 3rd annual End The Silence Campaign. A growing number of individuals, institutions, organizations, and businesses are pledging to End The Silence by engaging in a full month of events and activities designed to promote healthy relationships, end victim blaming, and let victims and survivors know they are not alone.
Throughout October, YWCA Spokane will encourage our community to speak up, speak out, and visually show support against the devastating silence that surrounds domestic violence. Dually tied to this goal of supporting survivors is preventing the phenomenon altogether. This month, we encourage parents to have real conversations with their families about the reality of domestic violence in order to take away the stigma survivors carry, along with teaching children about healthy relationship practices. Community members and local businesses are asked identify themselves as allies for domestic violence victims through a series of easy ways they can join this movement and make a difference this October. Learn how you can help end the silence.