Free Women’s Clothing & Necessities Boutique
Our Sister’s Closet (OSC) is a free, donation-based women’s clothing & necessity boutique. View and share our OSC flyer.
OSC offers 90 minute appointments focused on outfitting a client with items to help them feel beautiful, boost confidence, and support achievement of personal and professional goals. On average, each client receives between 3 to 5 outfits, plus shoes, makeup, accessories, and personal hygiene products, as they are available.
Appointments are available to anyone who is in need of this service.
Cómo acceder a los servicios
Schedule An Appointment
Call 509-326-1190 on Friday mornings between 9:00am and noon to schedule an appointment for the following week. Note: due to our limited capacity, calls received outside this time frame will not be returned.
- Gratis on-site childcare is available upon request. Please communicate this need during scheduling.
Request A Care Package
- Care Packages of urgent clothing and hygiene needs may be assembled if requested for you by an advocate or social service professional at YWCA Spokane or in the community.
How to Donate
Each week, OSC accepts donations on Tuesdays from 9:00am – 5:00pm at YWCA Spokane, 930 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201. At this time, we are unable to accept drop off donations on any other day of the week. Thank you for understanding.
Check out this Donation Guide that outlines our most needed items and items we are unable to accept. Our staff can provide a list of nonprofit community partners who accept donations that we are unable to take. We can provide this list upon request. Direct any questions to 509-326-1190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also dar a través de Amazon by purchasing items from our wishlist and having them delivered directly to our agency. Note: Remember to purchase through Sonrisa Amazónica and select “YWCA of Spokane” as your charity of choice.
Contribute To An OSC Drive
To help meet the critical needs expressed by clients, we request specific items through agency sponsored donation drives at scheduled intervals throughout the year.
- January: New deodorant and shaving supplies
- marcha: New packaged socks
- Mayo: New underwear
- July: Full size bottles of shampoo & conditioner sets
- September: New and gently used leggings
- November: Abrigos nuevos y poco usados
Donations gathered from a drive can be dropped off at our front desk at YWCA Spokane, 930 N Monroe, Spokane, WA 99201 on Tuesdays between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Before You Donate, Remember…
- Check to ensure all pockets or purses have been emptied of their contents.
- Focusing on providing donations that are in good condition but are no longer a fit for you.
- Por favor, absténgase de donar artículos que estén rotos, manchados, rotos o en un estado dañado de cualquier tipo.
- Por favor, absténgase de donar productos de baño usados, maquillaje usado o ropa interior usada, ya que no se pueden redistribuir por razones sanitarias.
- Obtenga más información sobre las mejores prácticas al realizar una donación a Our Sister's Closet revisando esta guía de donación.
Host Your OWn Drive
Ayude a Our Sister's Closet organizando su propia ropa o unidad de necesidad para un artículo en particular o un conjunto de artículos.
Conduct A Drive In 3 Easy Steps:
- Let us know you plan to conduct a drive and when. We can advertise your drive on social media, inform you of our current needs, and schedule a time to receive donations. We can even guide you with hosting a digital drive on your own social media if needed. Please connect at email@example.com.
- Call on your community. Are you part of a book club or church group? Work in an office? Want to do something fun and different for your birthday or other important life events? Gather and inform your group to help and let them spread the word!
- Decide what you want to donate. The following items are always in need and great to gather through a drive:
- Bras and panties (bras can be gently used or new, panties must be new and in packaging.)
- Hygiene items such as full sized shampoos & conditioners, deodorant, dental care products, etc.
- Socks (must be new in packaging)
- Jeans and leggings
Volunteer With US
Our Sister’s Closet would not be possible without the continuing support of volunteers. We are a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, where volunteers do a variety of tasks from sorting the donations we receive, answering phone calls, being personal stylists in appointments, and light data entry. Volunteering your time to walk women through an appointment in our boutique can be a tremendously rewarding experience.
Skills of an ideal OSC Volunteer:
- Excelente gestión del tiempo, capaz de completar una variedad de tareas.
- Capaz de trabajar por sí mismos y bien con los demás.
- Conocedor del ajuste y el estilo adecuados de la ropa.
- Curando la tienda, capaz de seleccionar ropa que sea moderna, versátil y funcional.
- Saluda a los clientes con calidez, puede ayudar en las citas, es proactivo al sacar artículos para los clientes, hace preguntas informadas sobre el ajuste y el estilo de los artículos.
- Habilidades básicas de Microsoft Office, competencia con Chrome y los programas de Google, una ventaja.
- Capaz de adaptarse a un entorno en constante cambio, flexible y le gusta conocer gente nueva.
- Los antecedentes / experiencia pasada en merchandising de moda, venta minorista, diseño de interiores, servicio al cliente sería una ventaja.
Group volunteering is a great way to have fun with friends and colleagues while doing good in our community! If your organization offers paid volunteer time or you want to gather friends for a fun service project, consider signing up for a group sorting party. We offer one-time, volunteer events for groups of 5-10 people to help sort donations. To organize a group volunteering event, please contact Teresa at: firstname.lastname@example.org.