YWCA Spokane Invites Local Businesses To Shine A Light For Survivors During Domestic Violence Action Month (DVAM)
Together, We Inspire Real & Lasting Change
This October, for national Domestic Violence Action Month (DVAM), YWCA Spokane seeks to join together local businesses and community members in a true sense of unity to raise the collective awareness about domestic violence and prompt action focused on making Spokane a safer community for all.
There is no limit to how domestic violence can impact our community. Spokane has the highest rate of domestic violence in Washington State with 1 in 3 women and 1 in 10 men impacted by domestic violence. To address this devastating issue, we must come together, spread awareness, and step into action.
How Your Organization Can Take Action
Organizations who sign up to participate through one or more of the below opportunities will be highlighted as a partnering agency or business and shared with our list of engagement opportunities throughout October.
Paint Spokane Purple
- Purple is the nationally designated color for domestic violence awareness. For survivors, the color can be a symbol of peace, courage, survival, honor, and dedication to ending violence. Help create a united, visual campaign throughout the city by displaying awareness raising DVAM materials and incorporate purple into your wardrobe, décor, and lights to show the community that you stand with survivors.
- Simply agree to share and wear these materials during the month of October and we will provide a complimentary swag kit with flyers, posters, window clings, and pins for your business and employees. Kits will be available for pick-up from YWCA Spokane (930 N Monroe St).
Sponsor DVAM Banners Downtown
- Sponsor one or more of the 8 downtown Spokane zones and have your company name listed on custom DVAM banners that will display throughout October and into November. See flyer for details.
Shop for a Cause
- For businesses that have the capacity to participate, please join us for our Shop for a Cause week, October 18 – 23, which is recognized by YWCA associations across the country as Week Without Violence.
- Help raise critical funds to support survivors served by YWCA Spokane by donating a portion of your proceeds to this effort.
Partner With Us
- Businesses who feel passionate about this work are welcome to join YWCA as a financial partner and support our month-long awareness and action campaign. If you would like to partner with YWCA Spokane as a sponsor of Domestic Violence Action Month, please contact Briana Berner at email@example.com or call 509-789-9305.
All businesses who sign up below (make sure to check the box to register as an organization) to help us build awareness about Domestic Violence Action Month will be acknowledged on our website and through our social media channels. Thank you for stepping into action this October!
Join Us For DVAM Activities Throughout October
Our team at YWCA Spokane is excited to share with you opportunities to engage and step into action throughout October while helping to raise $50,000 in critical funds for survivors service by YWCA Spokane. To sign up as an individual to learn more about our events and activities, sign up at ywcaspokane.org/dvam.
Learn More About Intimate Partner Domestic Violence
Consider going through our free From Survive To Thrive educational series with your friends, family, and co-workers to learn more about intimate partner domestic violence and approach YWCA Spokane’s confidential advocates take to support survivors.
Thank you for taking a stand against domestic violence with YWCA Spokane!
Special Thanks To Our Key Partners
YWCA Spokane Mission Partners
- Providence Health Care
- Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Numerica Credit Union
- Kalispel Tribe and Northern Quest Casino and Resort
- Hamilton Studio
Domestic Violence Action Month Partners
- Cosmic Cowboy Grill
- CTR Spokane
- Downtown Spokane Partnership
- First Interstate Bank
- Riverfront Spokane
- Spokane Regional Domestic Violence Coalition
- Stop the Silence
- Sweet Frostings Blissful Bakeshop
- The Spokesman-Review
Organizations Shining A Light
- American Indian Community Center
- Arc of Spokane
- Edward Jones
- Eide Bailly LLP
- Family Promise of Spokane
- JITA City Church
- Lakeside Electric
- Lolo Boutique
- Miss Fashion Global
- New Horizon Care Centers PCAP
- Next Generation Zone
- Northeast Community Center
- Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP) at NHCC Spokane
- Partners with Families & Children
- Real Life Women
- River Park Square
- Sandra’s Studio of Dance
- Southside Community Center
- Spokane County United Way
- Spokane Oral Surgery
- Volunteers of America
- West Central Community Center
If you would like to partner with YWCA Spokane as a sponsor of Domestic Violence Action Month, please contact Briana Berner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-789-9305.