Thank you for supporting YWCA Spokane and the women, children, and families we serve during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The recently passed CARES Act includes several charitable tax provisions to encourage giving. These include:
- A new deduction for charitable donors who do not itemize when filing their tax returns. If you do not itemize but make a gift to charity, you will be allowed to take a special tax deduction, up to $300, to reduce your tax liability.
- An increase in the deduction limit up to 100% of a donor’s annual income for cash gifts (previously the deduction was capped at 60% of annual income). If you make a gift you will be able to deduct more this year.
Your gift makes an incredible impact:
- $100 provides one week of food and nourishment for a survivor and child in our emergency shelter. ($9 a month.)
- $500 provides a survivor fleeing a violent relationship with 10 days of a hotel stay when our shelters have reached maximum capacity or when a survivor identifies as male. ($42 a month.)
- $1,000 provides beds, blankets, linens, and household essentials for a survivor and her children when they move out of our shelter and into their new home and away from their abuser. ($84 a month.)
- $5,000 provides one year of safe housing and supportive services for a survivor and child including counseling, legal support, job readiness, and emergency childcare. ($417 a month.)
Thank You For Your Donation!
Make An Easy Impact When Shopping
- If you shop at Fred Meyer, consider making YWCA Spokane your nonprofit of choice through their community rewards program.
- Shop Amazon Smile to make an impact while buying birthday presents, holiday gifts, or household needs. You shop, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to YWCA Spokane. Shop through this link, and make a difference in a woman or child’s life.