Make an impact this week by donating to YWCA Spokane!
Our Domestic Violence Safe Shelter is in need of pet supplies! Providing cat carriers, canned pet foods, small bags of cat litter, small bags of dry cat or dry dog food, dog and cat collars and leashes, and non tipping food and water bowls to our agency makes a huge impact on the families we serve. Please consider donating as part of our SundayImpact campaign this week!
It’s the Dog Days of Summer; Donate Pet Supplies to the Shelter
We are currently asking for pet supplies for our Shelter. These can include donations of lcat carriers, canned pet foods, small bags of cat litter, small bags of dry cat or dry dog food, dog and cat collars and leashes, and non tipping food and water bowls; anything to help our families fleeing domestic violence with pets adjust to a new home. We invite the community to drop-off their tax-deductible donations of seed packets to YWCA Spokane’s office at 930 N. Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99201. Thank you for your support!
Double Your Impact
Purchasing your donations at Fred Meyers, Amazon, or Yoke’s Fresh Market? Be sure to sign up for their community giving programs, and these vendors will give a percentage of your purchase back to our agency! Just select YWCA Spokane as your non-profit of choice and double your impact.
Other Ways to Give
YWCA Spokane has many items that we throughout the year. View our YWCA Spokane Donation Wish Lists, a comprehensive list of items needed on a continual basis to give to our Shelter, Women’s Opportunity Center, and/or ECEAP.
Hoping to give an online or cash donation, or host your own donation drive? See our Ways to Give page for the many ways you can make a difference!
Looking to donate other used items?
Check out these awesome places to recycle worn denim, used furniture, and many other items that are not the best fit for YWCA Spokane’s programs and services.
- Blue Jeans Go Green: This program collects denim across the country and upcycles it into UltraTouchTMDenim Insulation, providing a portion to communities in need each year.
- The Salvation Army: Schedule a free pick-up to your door too! The Salvation Army asks that communities donate before throwing away goods.
- Terracycle Fabrics and Clothing Zero Waste Box: Purchase a box to fill with clothing and fabric to ship to Terracycle to be repurposed.
- The Bra Recyclers: An organization that will find a way to recycle, reuse or repurpose bras. You can find a drop-off station or mail old bras directly to them.
- Council for Textile Recycling: Find clothing donation drop-offs and textile recycling resources all across the US. Keep in mind the donation suggestions might not recycle “unwearable” textiles. I recommend calling the individual recommended locations before making a drop-off.
- GemText: Free textile recycling based right here in the Northwest! Support a regional business and recycle your goods.
- Secondary Materials and Recycled Textiles: An online platform that will help you find the nearest textile recycling outlets near you.
- H&M, Don’t Let Fashion Go To Waste – You can drop off your textiles from any brand, in any condition, at any H&M store globally and they’ll recycle it for you.
- Nike, Reuse-A-Shoe: Nike collects old athletic shoes from any brand that they grind up and use to create courts, fields, tracks, and playgrounds.
Thank you to our donors!
Thank you to our amazing community! You all truly make a difference in the lives of those we serve.