YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- EQUALITY FOR ALL: By harnessing the potential of every woman, we bring real change to the fight for gender equality and racial justice, creating the building blocks for a world where social justice exists for everyone.
- COURAGE: We have the collective strength to face the biggest challenges and work toward a more just and equitable society that benefits everyone.
- COMPASSION: We believe that impacting lives begins with understanding individual needs. We listen, we learn and we respond.
- COMMITMENT: We are the oldest and largest multiracial women’s organization in the world. We have always been—and will continue to be—leaders for women’s empowerment and racial justice.
WHAT WE DO
SINCE 1903, YWCA SPOKANE HAS BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN SUPPORTING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN OUR COMMUNITY.
YWCA is the oldest and largest women’s organization in the world. YWCA Spokane has served as a source of strength for women and children in the Spokane community for 117 years. On average, we provide services to thousands of women and children annually. Our programs help women escape from domestic violence, get access to legal support, provide a safe place for healing and growth, and grant opportunities for women to learn new skills, increase employment options, and provide access to resources for their children’s education and well-being.
YWCA Spokane’s 3 umbrella programs include the Alternatives to Domestic Violence Program, the Women’s Opportunity Center and Children’s Services which include Child Advocacy and the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP). To meet identified needs in the community, these programs focus their work in the following areas:
- Domestic violence survivor services including safety planning, counseling, housing, and legal services;
- Economic advancement through skill building, financial education, job readiness, employment support, and clothing resources;
- And children’s services including early education; outreach, and trauma support services for children and youth.