A special once a year self-care celebration event centered around young women of color.
- When: Saturday, December 17th, 2022 from 11am – 2:30pm
- Where: The HIVE, 2904 E Sprague Ave, Spokane, WA 99202
- What: A special one day event for youth held over the winter break that is focused on self-care, mental health, healthy relationships, and belonging.
- Who: 50 young people ages 11-16 years old are invited to attend. Regardless of their gender, any young person is welcome to sign up as long as they are comfortable in a space that centers the experience of individuals who identify as young women of color.
- Why: During a time when many feel lonely and isolated, are affected by the weather and seasonal depression, and may be navigating challenges over the holiday season, this event is intended to offer a special window of time where young people can focus on caring for themselves. This event also provides an opportunity to build community between youth and connect with additional opportunities such as YWCA Spokane’s Youth Leadership Council and Teen Dating Violence Action Month campaign happening this coming February.
- Cost: There is no fee to attend as all costs are covered by a local sponsor.
- How To Sign Up: Registration is now closed. We are only accepting waitlist submissions at this time through the below form.
- Included: Enjoy brunch and a hot cocoa bar while engaging in special workshops and speakers talking about belonging,
hair care, healthy relationships, and mental health support
- Participation Reward: Walk away with a goodie bag filled with self-care items at the end of the day
**Register Is Now Closed**
We have received our max number of registrations for this event. We hope you can join us next time! Thank you.
Please direct any questions to Jaime Stacy at 509-385-2320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation options may be available if needed.
Thank You To Our Valued Partner, SWAG & Jaime Stacy
It is through YWCA Spokane’s valued partnership with Jaime Stacy and SWAG that we are able to create this special self-care event for youth in the Spokane area. Jaime has done an incredible job of lifting up and supporting young people in our community through her work at Garry and Shaw Middle Schools and at Rogers High School in addition to the amazing facilitation she provided through our summer Transformations Camp. Learn more about Jaime and her work with SWAG.
Thank You To Our Transformations Sponsors
This special celebration is an extension of our our summer empowerment camp called Transformations Camp. Special thanks Jim Sheehan along with other key partners for their financial sponsorship of these efforts. This offering would not be possible without their support.
If you or your organization would like to support YWCA Spokane’s prevention efforts that foster healthy relationships within young people in our community, please contact Erica Schreiber, Director of Community Engagement by calling 509-280-2616 or by email email@example.com. Thank you!